Party for Two Contest - Win tickets to Shania Twain

Directly from Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, Shania Twain will be performing a special concert event on Saturday, August 30th, at the Charlottetown Event Grounds as part of the PEI 2014 Founders Week festivities – celebrating the 150th Anniversary of the historic 1864 Charlottetown Conference, which led to the Canadian Confederation in 1867. The concert will be Twain's first performance in Atlantic Canada in 15 years and the first time she has ever performed in Prince Edward Island!

CBC Maritimes is giving away a "Party for Two" grand prize package! Simply tell us the memories Shania's songs bring back to you! Did they make you feel "Up", "… Like a Woman", like "You're Still the One"?

"Today is Your Day" to enter for your chance to win two (sold out) Grand Stand tickets, accommodations, and some travel costs!

Contest date: May 1, 2014 at 6:00 am ending May 9, 2014 at 4:00 pm. A random draw will take place from all the entries, and the winner will be announced on CBC Radio One Monday, May 12th.

READ CONTEST RULES

This contest is only open to residents of New Brunswick, PEI and Nova Scotia.

Congratulations to our winner!.... Susan Armstrong-Best of Rothesay,NB

Tickets are still available and are on-sale now at ShaniaPEI.ca

Recent Entries

“...but every time I hear that song I am reminded how lucky I am to have a husband who I truly love more every year!”
Gale Cyr - Port Hawkesbury, NS

The day before my husband of 16 years was to go to Alberta the first time for work, we went on a family drive. Shania's "Your Still the One" came on the radio and I looked over at my husband and was filled with such love for this man who was leaving his home and family and all that he knew, to travel to an unknown life just to support us. 12 years have past, he is still working away, but every time I hear that song I am reminded how lucky I am to have a husband who I truly love more every year!

“ I remember listening to Shania Twain every time I got a drive home from work with a colleague when I first moved to Alberta in 1998.”
Rachelle MacIsaac - Glace Bay, NS

I remember listening to Shania Twain every time I got a drive home from work with a colleague when I first moved to Alberta in 1998. When I hear Shania's music it takes me back to that time and place and the fond memories of my first teaching job.

“ It helped me in my rough times. My son passed away... and your songs helped me get through it.”
Tammy Dilney - Sydney, NS

It helped me in my rough times. My son passed away... and your songs helped me get through it.

“Sitting in my room with a friend painting nails...”
Anny Macdonald - Sydney, NS

Sitting in my room with a friend painting nails...

“Practically any track on Shania's "Come on Over" cd has a happy memory attached!”
Chris Larsen - Miramichi, NB

Practically any track on Shania's "Come on Over" cd has a happy memory attached. From my wife and I jumping around the house to "Rock this Country"...or listening to my son, a toddler at the time...singing to "Honey I'm Home!"

“Shania is one of my wife's favorite country performers, and our children love dancing to some of her crossover music.”
James Taylor - Bedford, NS

Shania is one of my wife's favorite country performers, and our children love dancing to some of her crossover music.

“When I was a little girl my mother brought me up listening to Country music, in particular Shania Twain...”
Tiffany Rose Millward - Halifax, NS

When I was a little girl my mother brought me up listening to Country music, in particular Shania Twain. We would always go on errands to the grocery store and every time she would put in her cassette tape of Shania Twain and we would sing Man I Feel Like A Woman, and Who's Bed Have Your Boots Been Under. I am entering today because I would like to relive those childhood memories and take my mother on a mother daughter vacation to see Shania Twain in concert. Please Please help me make my dreams come true!!

“ Dancing around my bedroom to "Up!" and "Party for Two" with my friends during elementary school! Now, every time the songs come on I am instantly in the mood to dance!”
Caitlin Donna Clark - Kensington, PEI

Dancing around my bedroom to "Up!" and "Party for Two" with my friends during elementary school! Now, every time the songs come on I am instantly in the mood to dance!

“When I was DJ'ing across the Island in the early 90', nothing filled the dance floor like Shania's "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" everyone sure loved to dance to her songs, they still do!!”
Robert MacDougall - Cornwall, NS

When I was DJ'ing across the Island in the early 90', nothing filled the dance floor like Shania's "Whose Bed Have Your Boots Been Under" everyone sure loved to dance to her songs, they still do!!

“she makes me happy. love her songs!”
Suzette Peters - Souris, PEI

She makes me happy. Love her songs!

“Listening to her songs over the years and how she sang about her life experiences brings back good memories of listening to music on a hot sunny day sitting by the lake or under a big tree for shade.”
Kim Dickens - Kennetcook, NS

Listening to her songs over the years and how she sang about her life experiences brings back good memories of listening to music on a hot sunny day sitting by the lake or under a big tree for shade.

“To this day I'll put Shania on and I'm instantly singing along to all the words I've never forgotten!”
Jasmine Daigle - Fredericton, NB

My family are BIG music lovers, mostly due to my Mother, and it seems there was always Canadian music on. I have so many memories of listening to Shania, but particularly when we were all together. Whatever we were doing(vacuuming, cooking, or just being together) it was always on. To this day I'll put Shania on and I'm instantly singing along to all the words I've never forgotten!

“Being just a boy I got carried away as I sang along and I ended up spouting out quite loudly the lyrics "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" as I sang along. ”
Brock Zinck - Yarmouth, NS

I was with my mother shopping at a popular used clothing store. As we browsed the store I wandered off by myself and the song "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" came over the store's radio. I enjoyed the tune of the song and I knew some of the words. Being just a boy I got carried away as I sang along and I ended up spouting out quite loudly the lyrics "Man! I Feel Like a Woman" as I sang along. Much to my dismay, I looked up from my shopping to see many of the store's patrons, who were mostly female, looking at me, with the majority baring a very large smile or laugh. An elderly lady who was standing nearby then asked "Is that so?" How embarrassing! I had turned as red as a cooked lobster. Now every time I hear this song I have a little chuckle as it reminds me of this awkward, yet funny situation.

“ My wife is a huge fan of Shania and listening to her music brings back memories of great summers on PEI driving to the beach together while listening to Shania.”
Dave Ward - Charlottetown, PEI

My wife is a huge fan of Shania and listening to her music brings back memories of great summers on PEI driving to the beach together while listening to Shania.

“It was a lot of fun and I think they won the lip sing competition that year!”
Pam Murphy - Borden, PEI

My oldest daughter did a lip-sing to one of her songs at the 4-h Rural Youth Fair many years ago.The song was Honey I'm Home and one of her male cousins helped with the skit. It was a lot of fun and I think they won the lip sing competition that year.