Juno 365 session: Chloe Charles covers the Weeknd's 'Can't Feel my Face'
CBC Music presents a series of videos celebrating past Juno winners
We've been preparing for the 2018 Juno Awards by inviting some of today's hottest Canadian acts to cover a past winner in the single of the year category.
For her Juno 365 session, Chloe Charles opted for a recent song: the Weeknd's "Can't Feel my Face," which was single of the year at the 2016 Juno Awards.
"I usually listen to really serious, heavy music that, you know, makes me want to cry," Charles told us. "This one makes me want to dance, and just like, be very free and light."
While the singer-songwriter says covering "Can't Feel my Face" took her a bit outside her comfort zone, she can still relate to it. "My old music was a little bit more jazz- and folk-inspired, and my new music is ... a bit of a mixture between electronic and R&B. So I feel some sort of connection to that."
Enjoy Charles' cover of "Can't Feel my Face" and check out the other covers from our Juno 365 sessions:
- The Good Lovelies cover k-os' "Crabbuckit"
- Scott Helman covers the Tragically Hip's "Bobcaygeon"
- Donovan Woods covers Alanis Morissette's "Ironic"
- Ralph covers Alannah Myles' "Black Velvet"
- William Prince covers Michael Bublé's "Home"
- Mappe Of covers Terry Jacks' "Seasons in the Sun"
- James Barker Band covers Avril Lavigne's "Complicated"
- Rose Cousins covers Corey Hart's "Never Surrender"
Wherever you are in the world on March 25, you can watch the Juno Awards live from the Rogers Arena in Vancouver at cbcmusic.ca/junos.