The Montreal Canadiens' mascot Youppi! has respected the terms of a bet with comedian Jimmy Fallon after the Habs lost against Rangers, which includes riding a mechanical bull while wearing the New York hockey team's jersey. video
Montreal Canadiens in the playoffs
Story Social Media
End of Story Social Media
Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price revealed Saturday that he will not require surgery for the lower-body injury he sustained early in the Eastern Conference final.
Youppi!, the fuzzy orange mascot of the Montreal Canadiens, will respect the terms of a bet with American late night television host Jimmy Fallon, even if he is really sad about it. video
- analysis Wharnsby: Habs face tough off-season decisions
- special report Canadiens in the playoffs: Habs fall to Rangers in heartbreaker video
- video Funny run-in between Habs fan and bus full of Rangers fans video
- blog Wharnsby: Habs overwhelmed by Rangers
- recap Rangers to play for Stanley Cup after eliminating Canadiens video
- Dale Weise ruled out for Game 6 video
Montreal Canadiens Games
Andie Bennett Andie Bennett Andie has been covering the sports scene in Montreal for the past 8 years. She joined the CBC team 2 years ago as the Sports Columnist on the morning show Daybreak. While she continues to contribute on Daybreak, she also anchors the sports on TV on CBC News at 5 as part of a sports unit rotation with Douglas Gelevan.
Douglas Gelevan Douglas GelevanDouglas is an award winning journalist that has been with CBC Montreal since 2010. He grew up in Nova Scotia and has a degree from Mount Allison University and the University of King's College. Doug covers sports for Daybreak & anchors the sportscast on CBC News at 5.
Latest CBC Sports Headlines
- Rio 2016: 5 Olympic rivalries to watch
- Every four years, the best athletes on the planet unite and as expected, some of the best rivalries in sports are born. Here are five rivalries to keep an eye on at the Rio 2016 Summer Olympics. more »
- Cycling partners share friendship, fierce competition
- After dabbling with retirement four years ago, Canadian cyclist Monique Sullivan is ready to leave her mark at the Rio Olympics. Only this time, new partner Kate O’Brien has Sullivan more motivated than at any other point in her career. more »
- Steve Armitage to miss Olympics due to chronic heart problems
- CBC Sports broadcaster Steve Armitage has stepped down from the network's Olympic broadcast team. Armitage, who was scheduled to provide commentary for swimming and diving, was recently diagnosed with chronic heart problems. more »
- Russia names flag-bearer as team heads to Rio Olympics
- A depleted Russian team departed for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro on Thursday, missing dozens of athletes who were excluded amid the country's doping scandal. more »