The Montreal Canadiens' mascot Youppi! has respected the terms of a bet with comedian Jimmy Fallon after the Habs lost against Rangers, which includes riding a mechanical bull while wearing the New York hockey team's jersey. video
Montreal Canadiens in the playoffs
Story Social Media
End of Story Social Media
Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price revealed Saturday that he will not require surgery for the lower-body injury he sustained early in the Eastern Conference final.
Youppi!, the fuzzy orange mascot of the Montreal Canadiens, will respect the terms of a bet with American late night television host Jimmy Fallon, even if he is really sad about it.
- analysis Wharnsby: Habs face tough off-season decisions
- special report Canadiens in the playoffs: Habs fall to Rangers in heartbreaker video
- video Funny run-in between Habs fan and bus full of Rangers fans video
- blog Wharnsby: Habs overwhelmed by Rangers
- recap Rangers to play for Stanley Cup after eliminating Canadiens
- Dale Weise ruled out for Game 6
Montreal Canadiens Games
Andie Bennett Andie Bennett Andie has been covering the sports scene in Montreal for the past 8 years. She joined the CBC team 2 years ago as the Sports Columnist on the morning show Daybreak. While she continues to contribute on Daybreak, she also anchors the sports on TV on CBC News at 5 as part of a sports unit rotation with Douglas Gelevan.
Douglas Gelevan Douglas GelevanDouglas is an award winning journalist that has been with CBC Montreal since 2010. He grew up in Nova Scotia and has a degree from Mount Allison University and the University of King's College. Doug covers sports for Daybreak & anchors the sportscast on CBC News at 5.
Latest CBC Sports Headlines
- Road to the Olympic Games: COC's Smith has Olympian task to counter cynicism surrounding Games
- COC president Tricia Smith has the background to make some headway against all that ails the Olympic movement if she has the guts to make the right choices and the backbone to stand her ground. more »
- Gilmore Junio wants his own identity
- Giving up his Olympic spot to teammate Denny Morrison in 2014 was gratifying, but Canadian speed skater Gilmore Junio wants to leave his own legacy, one that includes gold medals and world records. more »
- Andre De Grasse's mission: Beat Usain Bolt before he retires
- Don't let the smiles and back slaps fool you. While Andre De Grasse and Olympic legend Usain Bolt struck up a friendship in front of the world at the 2016 Rio Olympics, the Canadian sprinter wants desperately to topple the Jamaican before the icon calls it a career. more »
- Smoak's blast sparks Jays' win over Rays
- Justin Smoak hit a two-run homer and Toronto's bullpen kept the Rays scoreless over the last four innings as the Blue Jays beat Tampa Bay 4-1 on Saturday. more »