The Montreal Canadiens' mascot Youppi! has respected the terms of a bet with comedian Jimmy Fallon after the Habs lost against Rangers, which includes riding a mechanical bull while wearing the New York hockey team's jersey. video
Montreal Canadiens in the playoffs
Story Social Media
End of Story Social Media
Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price revealed Saturday that he will not require surgery for the lower-body injury he sustained early in the Eastern Conference final.
Youppi!, the fuzzy orange mascot of the Montreal Canadiens, will respect the terms of a bet with American late night television host Jimmy Fallon, even if he is really sad about it.
- analysis Wharnsby: Habs face tough off-season decisions
- special report Canadiens in the playoffs: Habs fall to Rangers in heartbreaker video
- video Funny run-in between Habs fan and bus full of Rangers fans video
- blog Wharnsby: Habs overwhelmed by Rangers
- recap Rangers to play for Stanley Cup after eliminating Canadiens
- Dale Weise ruled out for Game 6
Montreal Canadiens Games
Andie Bennett Andie Bennett Andie has been covering the sports scene in Montreal for the past 8 years. She joined the CBC team 2 years ago as the Sports Columnist on the morning show Daybreak. While she continues to contribute on Daybreak, she also anchors the sports on TV on CBC News at 5 as part of a sports unit rotation with Douglas Gelevan.
Douglas Gelevan Douglas GelevanDouglas is an award winning journalist that has been with CBC Montreal since 2010. He grew up in Nova Scotia and has a degree from Mount Allison University and the University of King's College. Doug covers sports for Daybreak & anchors the sportscast on CBC News at 5.
Latest CBC Sports Headlines
- Patrick Chan roars to record-tying 9th national title
- Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir captured their seventh national senior title Saturday, reclaiming their crown after a two-year hiatus. In the women's singles event, 21-year-old Kaetlyn Osmond took home gold. more »
- Top seeds stunned: Andy Murray, Angelique Kerber out of Australian Open
- Defending champion Angelique Kerber has joined fellow top-ranked Andy Murray on the sidelines of the Australian Open, losing 6-2, 6-3 to American CoCo Vandeweghe in the last match on Rod Laver Arena on Sunday. more »
- Adam Hadwin becomes 1st Canadian to join 59 club
- Adam Hadwin has shot a 13-under 59 in the CareerBuilder Challenge for the ninth sub-60 round in PGA Tour history and the second in 10 days. more »
- Canada takes 2nd cross-country medal of the weekend in wild photo finish
- Canada raced to a relay bronze medal at a cross-country skiing World Cup event Sunday, the team's second podium result of the weekend after Alex Harvey captured gold in Saturday's 15-kilometre freestyle race. more »