Quebec Liberal leadership candidates in their own words
The three candidates for the Quebec Liberal Party leadership share their agendas
Posted: Mar 15, 2013
Seen by many as a the front-runner in the three-way race for Quebec Liberal leadership, Couillard came out of political retirement to set his sights on the party's top job.
Known by some as the "architect" of the Liberal's ill-fated plan to raise tuition in the province, Bachand's record as finance minister during difficult economic times has nonetheless put him on solid footing as a leadership contender.
When he announced his leadership run in October, Moreau was considered the least known of the three MNAs vying for the position. He has identified transparency as a key issue for the party moving forward and has centred his leadership campaign on the theme “Proud to be Liberal,” and bringing people back to the party fold.
Story Social Media
End of Story Social Media
Latest Montreal News Headlines
- Spring snow on the way to Montreal
- Environment Canada has issued a special weather statement for the Greater Montreal area, warning of snow headed our way for the weekend. There may be 10 centimetres of snow on the ground by the time the snow stops Saturday morning. more »
- Michael Applebaum, who could face up to 5 years in prison, to be sentenced today
- Former Montreal mayor Michael Applebaum is expected to be sentenced today in a Montreal courtroom for his conviction of eight corruption-related charges. more »
- Police arrest driver of car that flipped, hit tree south of Montreal
- The man is facing charges of leaving the scene of an accident causing injury. Two people who were in the car with him were seriously injured in the crash. more »
- 4 treated for shock after explosion at Rio Tinto plant
- More than 1,400 people work at the site but no one was hurt in the explosion, which occurred around 4 a.m. at the plant in Sorel-Tracy. more »