Quebec Liberal leadership candidates in their own words
The three candidates for the Quebec Liberal Party leadership share their agendas
Posted: Mar 15, 2013
Seen by many as a the front-runner in the three-way race for Quebec Liberal leadership, Couillard came out of political retirement to set his sights on the party's top job.
Known by some as the "architect" of the Liberal's ill-fated plan to raise tuition in the province, Bachand's record as finance minister during difficult economic times has nonetheless put him on solid footing as a leadership contender.
When he announced his leadership run in October, Moreau was considered the least known of the three MNAs vying for the position. He has identified transparency as a key issue for the party moving forward and has centred his leadership campaign on the theme “Proud to be Liberal,” and bringing people back to the party fold.
Story Social Media
End of Story Social Media
Latest Montreal News Headlines
- Indigenous Val-d'Or residents face racial profiling, systemic discrimination, study suggests
- The University of Montreal and University of Ottawa study found that of the 3,087 tickets Sûreté du Québec officers handed out between Jan. 1 2012, and March 1, 2015, or 76 per cent of them were issued to Indigenous people. more »
- Trudeau, premiers meet in Ottawa today to craft climate deal
- Canada's first ministers are finalizing the details of a national climate change strategy to be announced at a high-level meeting in Ottawa today, but Saskatchewan Premier Brad Wall has made it clear he won't sign on to make it unanimous. more »
- Live-in program at AMCAL Family Services helps teens, parents reconnect
- Daybreak's Shari Okeke meets a teen who went from numbing her depression with drugs and distancing herself from family to being clean, confident and close to her parents again after choosing to live at AMCAL Family Services for eight weeks. more »
- Montreal weather: Chilly weekend
- The cold will set in today and stick around over the weekend. more »
- How to donate to CBC's Christmas Sing-In and charity drive
- We're live today at Fairview Pointe-Claire in support of West Island Community Shares. Join us and donate online to our charity campaign. more »