Quebec Liberal leadership candidates in their own words
The three candidates for the Quebec Liberal Party leadership share their agendas
Posted: Mar 15, 2013
Seen by many as a the front-runner in the three-way race for Quebec Liberal leadership, Couillard came out of political retirement to set his sights on the party's top job.
Known by some as the "architect" of the Liberal's ill-fated plan to raise tuition in the province, Bachand's record as finance minister during difficult economic times has nonetheless put him on solid footing as a leadership contender.
When he announced his leadership run in October, Moreau was considered the least known of the three MNAs vying for the position. He has identified transparency as a key issue for the party moving forward and has centred his leadership campaign on the theme “Proud to be Liberal,” and bringing people back to the party fold.
Story Social Media
End of Story Social Media
Latest Montreal News Headlines
- Place Jacques-Cartier restaurant owners threaten injunction against city
- Restaurant owners along Place Jacques-Cartier are asking for a meeting with Montreal Mayor Denis Coderre over the installation of patios, commonly known in Quebec as terrasses, as part of the city's 375th birthday. more »
- Notorious photographer Steve McCurry teams up with new Montreal gallery
- A defiant young Afghan woman stared into Steve McCurry’s lens over 30 years ago and beamed out from the cover of National Geographic as one of the publications most iconic images. McCurry’s fascination with Afghans endures, and their striking portraits can be found on the walls of Montreal’s Galerie Got until June 30. more »
- Summer and sunscreen: What you need to know
- CBC Montreal's Homerun spoke to Dr. Beatrice Wang, a dermatologist and the director of the melanoma clinic at the Royal Victoria Hospital, for some advice. more »
- Drogba scores in extra time to give Impact victory over Galaxy
- Didier Drogba scored on a free kick in stoppage time to lift the Montreal Impact over the Los Angeles Galaxy 3-2 on Saturday in Major League Soccer action. more »