One-on-one with the musicians of Mundial Montreal
CBC Music's Frank Opolko brings you the best of the fest
Story Social Media
End of Story Social Media
Some of Canada's most celebrated world music performers are in town to take part in the third annual Mundial Montreal Festival.
This year, the festival has something for every world music fan, ranging from Indian ragas to African Rhumba and Celtic fiddle music to Klezmer swing.
The showcases are spread across various downtown venues and some of the concerts are free.
CBC Music producer Frank Opolko will be on site tweeting his view of the festival throughout the week.
Check out his exclusive video interviews with some of the festival's stars to learn more about the performers.
Latest Montreal News Headlines
- Tobacco kills 1 in 2 smokers, says Quebec anti-smoking campaign
- It’s Quebec Tobacco-Free Week and anti-smoking advocates are urging the 1.4 million smokers in the province to finally butt out. more »
- City councillor compares Montreal's pothole repairs to putting 'lipstick on a pig'
- Councillor Steve Shanahan says the city's pothole re-surfacing plan is a superficial solution. more »
- Eugenie Bouchard starts strong at Australian Open
- Canada's Eugenie Bouchard easily won her first-round match at the Australian Open on Monday, beating American Louisa Chirico 6-0, 6-4 in 56 minutes. more »
- Philippe Couillard expected to shuffle cabinet Monday
- Quebec Premier Philippe Couillard's cabinet shuffle will likely see Pierre Moreau tapped for Treasury Board position, Radio-Canada reports. more »
Top News Headlines
- Trump calls Brexit 'great,' slams Germany's migrant policy
- U.S. president-elect Donald Trump says the U.K. was "so smart" for deciding to leave the European Union, and he believes other countries will follow Britain's lead. more »
- Shooting at Mexican resort nightclub leaves 5 dead
- A gunman has killed at least five people and wounded nine others at a Playa del Carmen nightclub south of Cancun, Mexico, police say. more »
- The only skill needed to spin for Trump? A total lack of shame
- They aren’t there to engage in the healthy back-and-forth between government and the press. They’re there to provoke the kind of hysterics that usually end up discrediting the media. more »
- Average house in Canada worth $470,661 in December, up 3.5% in 2016
- The average price of a Canadian home continues to move higher, but there are signs of a slowdown, according to the Canadian Real Estate Association. more »