Lots to give thanks to this weekend!
It's the Thanksgiving weekend! Here are some events to check out before or after you hang out with family and close ones:
Oct 12 to Oct 13
Lots to enjoy including guided fall colour walks, Archetype Sustainable House tours, self-guided activities and more.
For more information, check out the Kortright Centre website.
Oct 12 to Oct 14
Crisp fall air, vibrant colours and fun for all ages; the Toronto Zoo is the place to be this October! Celebrate the changing of the season with interactive and themed activities, educational programs, tours, keeper talks and enrichment programs with the animals. There is something for everyone in your family!
For more information, check out the Toronto Zoo website.
North York Central Library
There are lots of activities for the whole family, including a workshop to artists 6-12 years old, a DIY Comic Lab, pop up shops and kids' activities.
For more information, check out the Small Print Toronto website.
Take the kids to a world of good at Harbourfront Centre this Thanksgiving Monday. Featuring a full day of family fun, including concerts, films, crafts and more. They're putting the "great" back in grateful.
For more information, check out the Harbourfront Centre website.
Nuit Blanche: Extended Projects
Until Oct 27
If you missed it last weekend, do not despair. You can still catch some of the Nuit Blanche exhibits such as Ai Wei Wei's Forever Bicycles.
For a list of these ongoing exhibits, check out the Nuit Blanche website.
Categories: Columnists, Past Episodes, What's On with Aparita Bhandari
|Radio One||Weekdays 5:30-8:30 a.m.(ET)|
- Stuck in Traffic
- Will Toronto be a victim of our own success?
- Metro Morning turns 40!
- 40 years of what Toronto's talking about.
- Sounds of the Season 2012
- View the slideshow from our event in support of local food banks.
- Live from CAMH
- Visit a new neighbourhood focused on mental health in Queen West.
- Disappearing Daughters
- A study raises the issue of gender selection in local South Asian communities.
- A Fork in the Road
- A new role for government: the catalyst for collaboration.
- Turning Point
- Our town hall on family violence on March 29, 2010.
- Mary Wiens
- Listen to the latest report from Metro Morning's Mary Wiens.