Each year ten to twelve thousand newcomers land in York Region. Some have jobs, or family and friends waiting for them. But for others, there is nothing but hope - and the road ahead can be a long and arduous one. This week on Metro Morning, we look at the challenges immigrant families face in York Region and beyond. Are you feeling the pressure of being caught between the values of your peers and your parents? Tell us your story on the Great Expectations site.
Categories: Past Episodes
|Radio One||Weekdays 5:30-8:30 a.m.(ET)|
- Stuck in Traffic
- Will Toronto be a victim of our own success?
- Metro Morning turns 40!
- 40 years of what Toronto's talking about.
- Sounds of the Season 2012
- View the slideshow from our event in support of local food banks.
- Live from CAMH
- Visit a new neighbourhood focused on mental health in Queen West.
- Disappearing Daughters
- A study raises the issue of gender selection in local South Asian communities.
- A Fork in the Road
- A new role for government: the catalyst for collaboration.
- Turning Point
- Our town hall on family violence on March 29, 2010.
- Mary Wiens
- Listen to the latest report from Metro Morning's Mary Wiens.