Regent Park Quilt
Mary Wiens spoke with members of the Regent Park Women and Families Quilting Group. They told her about the art and emotion of quilting.
Their quilt, commissioned by The Daniels Corporation, was unveiled at Paintbox Condominiums on Wednesday, June 13th. The fabric narrative they stitched captures the past and future of Regent Park as seen through the eyes of the people who live there. The quilt is 90 inches wide and 77 inches long, and took 870 hours to complete.
The women feel encouraged by their first steps towards the creation of a successful micro-business. Their quilt will hang permanently in the lobby of Paintbox Condominiums.
Listen (runs 7:09)
Categories: Columnists, Mary Wiens, Past Episodes
|Radio One||Weekdays 5:30-8:30 a.m.(ET)|
- Stuck in Traffic
- Will Toronto be a victim of our own success?
- Metro Morning turns 40!
- 40 years of what Toronto's talking about.
- Sounds of the Season 2012
- View the slideshow from our event in support of local food banks.
- Live from CAMH
- Visit a new neighbourhood focused on mental health in Queen West.
- Disappearing Daughters
- A study raises the issue of gender selection in local South Asian communities.
- A Fork in the Road
- A new role for government: the catalyst for collaboration.
- Turning Point
- Our town hall on family violence on March 29, 2010.
- Mary Wiens
- Listen to the latest report from Metro Morning's Mary Wiens.