STEP OUT OF THE DRAGONS' DEN AND INTO THE DRAGONS' PRIVATE LIVES IN A REVEALING SEASON FINALE
Apr 9, 2013
A special "Year of the Dragons"season finale airing Sunday, April 14th
In the upcoming season finale, fans of Dragons' Den will have unprecedented access to their favourite Dragons. The special episode, titled Year of the Dragons, airs Sunday, April 14 at 8 p.m. (8:30 NT) on CBC Television.
See what life is like as a Dragon on and off screen as camera crews follow them to uncover how they juggle their massive business empires, jam-packed schedules and coveted personal lives. From book launches and red carpets, to backing start-ups and demanding speaking tours, Year of the Dragons documents the Dragons' hectic lives, along with their increasingly rare and precious down-time.
In this revealing season finale, viewers will discover the secrets of the Dragons' success, and hear of some mistakes they made in the pursuit of power. Here's a sneak peek of what's in store:
• David Chilton: The Wealthy Barber practically lives on the road as he travels across Canada, speaking to packed houses wherever he goes. He lives a quirky lifestyle that's atypical of most multimillionaires.
• Bruce Croxon: Between backing Canada's next tech success and overseeing his ever-growing Dragons' Den investments, Bruce is also a busy dad with two young children, and has to balance the boardroom with ballet practice.
• Arlene Dickinson: She's positioned herself as a champion of Canadian entrepreneurship. Arlene is now one of Canada's most sought-after speakers and motivators. Find out how she helps inspire people become entrepreneurs and also uses her celebrity clout to help those in need.
• Kevin O'Leary: Mr. Wonderful is a living brand. From mutual funds, to wine, to books, Kevin stops selling only when he sleeps. See how he keeps everything on track while constantly on-the-go, and how his hectic lifestyle almost cost him his treasured family.
• Jim Treliving: Jet-set with Jim to his opulent homes in two countries, and tag along to star-studded affairs. He may be the oldest Dragon, but Jim is far from retiring.
The current season of DRAGONS' DEN airs Sundays and Mondays at 8 p.m. (8:30 NT) on CBC Television.
is the highest-rated Canadian unscripted program on television, with an average audience of more than 1.4 million Canadians each week. In addition to its success on-air, DRAGONS' DEN
is also a hit online, boasting an active and engaged online community averaging more than 650,000 page views per month. Full episodes and exclusive behind-the-scenes content can be viewed at cbc.ca/dragonsden
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada's national public broadcaster and one of its largest cultural institutions. The Corporation is a leader in reaching Canadians on new platforms and delivers a comprehensive range of radio, television, internet, and satellite-based services. Deeply rooted in the regions, CBC/Radio-Canada is the only domestic broadcaster to offer diverse regional and cultural perspectives in English, French and eight Aboriginal languages.
About CBC's New In-House Publicity Team
CBC's new team of in-house publicists are delivering a comprehensive publicity service for all CBC programming and events. For a complete list of publicity contacts and for more information including series synopses, press releases, hi-res images, video clips and bios, please visit the new CBC Media Centre
For more information, please contact:
unit publicist, Factual Entertainment, CBC
416-205-8710 (office) / 416-898-2725 (cell)