About the Show
ARCTIC AIR is a one-hour adventure series set in the booming Arctic, about a maverick airline and the unconventional family who runs it.
At the close of Season Two, Bobby is left heartbroken by the sudden departure of Krista, who breaks up with him and flies to Bali. But other troubles loom as he finds himself in the crosshairs of an unidentified killer. Bobby has made his fair share of enemies in Yellowknife, but which one wants him dead?
As the new season begins, Krista (Pascale Hutton) is returning after three months of travelling in Southeast Asia. She has been profoundly affected by the experience, and is determined to make fundamental changes in her life -- a decision that will have important consequences for those closest to her.
Meanwhile, Mel (Kevin McNulty) is taking stock of his life and wondering if it's time to hand the company reins to someone else and get back to his first love: flying. Bobby (Adam Beach) is finding himself drawn all the more closely to Petra and Connor, with shocking and unexpected consequences when his enemies attempt to follow through on their threat against his life. And there's the potential for new romance -- and new adventure -- in Blake's (John Reardon) life, when police Constable Lindsay Gallagher transfers to Yellowknife.
This season, ARCTIC AIR will take on a search and rescue contract, which will provide a new focus and a new set of challenges. Meanwhile with things hectic and unpredictable as always, the airline remains an essential lifeline to the North. Avalanche rescue missions, aerial bombing runs, police chases, and serial killers aboard a DC-3? Just another day at ARCTIC AIR.
- Eps. 310 - Bobby blames Bruce Ward for his foster sister’s death in a dry community, as Blake and Lindsay pursue a murder suspect. »
- Eps. 309 – Bobby and Connor’s weekend on the land becomes a fight for survival, while a high altitude flight puts Mel and Krista in peril. »
- Eps. 308 – A prisoner transport becomes a life and death struggle for Blake and Lindsay, as Krista and Tag reach an impasse in their relationship. »
- Eps. 307 - Bobby and Loreen race to save Caitlin when her first solo flight goes dangerously wrong, while the conflict between Krista and Cece boils over. Photo credit BStrauss. »
- Eps. 306 - Krista faces a grisly choice when her team attempts a life and death rescue. Photo credit BStrauss. »
- Eps. 305 - Bobby fights to save Petra’s life savings when Bruce Ward’s involvement in a business deal causes violence and destruction. Photo credit BStrauss »
- Eps. 304 - "The Finish Line" A high-stakes plane race raises ghosts from Mel’s past, forcing Krista and Tag to confront a crisis in their relationship. Photo credit BStrauss. »
- Eps. 303 - "The Fling" Krista and Tag’s relationship is tested when a forced landing leaves them stranded; Blake’s romantic fling puts him and Dev in jeopardy. Photo credit BStrauss. »
- Eps. 302 - Bobby fights against time, politics and his nemesis Bruce Ward to evacuate a small Dene community before an upstream dam bursts. »
- Eps. 301- Krista’s homecoming is cut short when Arctic Air launches a daring search and rescue operation to save Dev and Astrid. Photo credit BStrauss. »
CBC'S POST-OLYMPIC WINTER SCHEDULE FEATURES CULINARY COMPETITION SERIES RECIPE TO RICHES AND HIT COMEDY FAVOURITES MR.D AND THE RON JAMES SHOW
February 20, 2014 9:18 AM
CBC brings all-new culinary competition RECIPE TO RICHES to its primetime line-up on Feb. 26. Catch comedian Gerry Dee's hilarious hidden-camera special, GERRY DEE: THE SUBSTITUTE on February 24 Read More »
CBC TELEVISION REVEALS ITS WINTER SCHEDULE, HEADLINED BY THE SOCHI 2014 OLYMPIC WINTER GAMES AND THREE NEW PRIMETIME SERIES
November 19, 2013 5:49 PM
CBC delivers in-depth and up-to-the minute coverage of SOCHI 2014 as the Official Olympic Broadcaster Read More »
CBC TELEVISION LAUNCHES 2013-2014 SCHEDULE FEATURING NEW PRIMETIME SERIES, SOCHI 2014, AND A SLATE OF RETURNING HITS
May 21, 2013 11:29 AM
Visit CBC's Media Centre for synopses, press releases, hi-res images, video clips and bios: cbc.ca/mediacentre Read More »
April 8, 2013 9:30 AM
For the first time in North America, witness the ARCTIC AIR story continue online in tandem with the live broadcast on CBC-TV, Wednesday, April 17 at 9 p.m. (9:30 NT) Read More »
April 3, 2013 10:51 AM
CBC TELEVISION ANNOUNCES 21 RENEWALS, EXPANDED SEASONS OF HIT SHOWS, AND NEW TITLES FOR 2013-14 Read More »
January 25, 2013 11:00 AM
Please note the following changes to CBC-TV's primetime schedule, effective as-of Monday, January 28, 2013: Read More »
CBC'S BLOCKBUSTER ADVENTURE-DRAMA, ARCTIC AIR, TAKES-OFF FOR AN ACTION-PACKED SECOND SEASON THIS JANUARY ON CBC TELEVISION
January 8, 2013 9:57 AM
Part of CBC-TV's premiere week, the brand new second season of ARTIC AIR begins Wednesday, January 9 at 9 p.m. (9:30 NT) Read More »
April 27, 2012 3:09 PM
Action-packed adventure series had largest audience in 15 years for a new CBC drama ARCTIC AIR, the blockbuster CBC adventure drama about a Yellowknife-based maverick airline, has been renewed for a second season after winning the largest audience for a... Read More »
April 19, 2012 10:42 AM
Buoyed by very strong ratings last season, CBC Television today announced that 14 Canadian favourites will be returning for the 2012-13 season. ARCTIC AIR, the hit show which debuted to the largest audience for a drama in 15 years, will... Read More »
STRAP YOURSELF IN AS ARCTIC AIR LIFTS CBC TELEVISION TO NEW HEIGHTS - LEADING A 2012 WINTER SEASON OF NEW BLOCKBUSTERS, STAR-POWER AND CANADA'S FAVOURITES IN COMEDY, DRAMA AND SPORTS
November 24, 2011 3:20 PM
Russell Crowe guests on first episode of Republic of Doyle and Scotiabank Hockey Day in Canada takes over PEI NOTE: Download the digital press kit, schedules & photography at: mediacentre.cbc.ca Edge-of-your-seat drama and adventure set in the clear, cold skies... Read More »