How to spot lousy labels on "green" home products
1. Be wary of "green" cleaners that won't list their ingredients on the label
2. Check the label for some indication that the claims have been independently verified
3. Look closely at any eco-friendly seal on the package: some look official, but may be the company's own
4. Be skeptical of wiggle-words like "contains natural ingredients"
5. Read the fine print: "natural" products can still be harmful or toxic
6. Make sure a product's claims are specific: vague green claims can be meaningless