1. If you get a parking ticket, complain. The hospital may have the ability to forgive your ticket.
2. Ask if the hospital offers any discounts to seniors, patients or families. Some hospitals have them but don't advertise them.
3. If you will be spending a lot of time at the hospital, ask about weekly or monthly passes. They can be a lot cheaper than the daily rate.
4. Look for other lots near the hospital. Hospital lots can be the most expensive place to park in a given area.
5. Check out the alternatives: Some groups, like the Canadian Cancer Society, have services that will arrange to drop you off and pick you up at the hospital.