As of March 31, 2012;
- The CRTC has imposed Administrative Monetary Penalties (AMPs) and received other payments from telemarketers in violation of the National DNC list Unsolicited Telecommunications Rules totaling over $3.2 million since September 2008.
- The total number of registered numbers on the National Do Not Call list reached almost 10.7 million.
- The total number of telemarketer registrations to the National DNCL reached 9,396 (in total since the launch of the list in September 2008)
- The CRTC has received a total of 532,524 complaints since the launch of the National Do Not Call list.
- Since inception of the List, the CRTC has concluded over 1,200 investigations.
About the National Do Not Call list
Starting September 30, 2008, residents of Canada were able to register their telephone numbers on The National Do Not Call list online, by telephone and/or fax to reduce the number of telemarketing calls they receive. The list aims to give consumers a choice about which types of calls they receive and reduce unwanted solicitations by telemarketers.
To register your phone number on the National Do Not Call list or for more information, you may visit the CRTC's National Do Not Call List website.
CBC does not endorse and is not responsible for the content of external sites - links will open in new window.