Which fees infuriate you the most?
They're fees that seem to be for nothing at all, and that you can't negotiate. They're sometimes buried in the fine print, like the $2.00 charge to receive your cell phone bill on paper.
Share your small fee pet peeves with us! Here's what some of you have shared already on Marketplace's Facebook page:
- "Not really a fee, but having to pay tax on the 5 cents we pay for a bag at the store ... when did that one sneak up on us?"
- "I hate that Cineplex Odeon has somehow managed to charge people an Entertainment tax???"
- "system access fee, 911 fee, incoming message fee, internet over usage fee, fuel surcharge, airport improvement fee, excess cable package charge..."
- "internet data exceeding limit and they want extra $5 - $20 to increase 'data cap'..."
- "I wasn't surprised when I had to pay a carry on baggage fee to fly on Spirit but when I was prompted to pay 80 dollars for pre-picking our seats I couldn't believe it."
- "Our most loathed fee - Ticketmaster's convenience fee ( for them of course) and service charge, also applies to their subsidiaries Tickets Now and Live Nation. Why should we subsidize these profiteers who capitalize on our emotions and venue popularity?"
Which small fees infuriate you the most?