What you need to know... about kids and cellphones
• Avoid using a cellphone when the signal is weak, such as when moving at high speed in the car or on a train - that's when radiation levels are highest.
• Try to limit exposure by keeping conversations short or for use only in emergencies.
• When on the phone, switch sides regularly during conversation.
• Try to keep the phone away from the body by using the speakerphone function or a wired headset whenever possible.
• Buy a cellphone with a low SAR rate. SAR stands for "specific absorption rate," the rate at which radio frequency energy is absorbed by the body. You can search for your phones SAR rate here: http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/sar/