Recipe for Peach Lavender Jam
Thanks to Sherrie Graham in Yarmouth for sharing this recipe. She writes: "It's from The Complete Book of Small-Batch Preserving by Ellie Topp and Margaret Howard. Which, incidentally, is a fabulous book with over 300 recipes and thorough instructions - I highly recommend it!"
Peach Lavender Jam
- 2 tbsp dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 4 cups finely chopped peaches (about 5-6 medium peaches)
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 6 cups granulated sugar
- 1 pouch liquid fruit pectin
1. Place lavender flowers in a small bowl. Pour boiling water over flowers and steep for 20 minutes. Strain and discard flowers.
2. Combine lavender liquid, peaches, lemon juice and sugar in a very large stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Bring to a full boil over high heat and boil hard for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in pectin.
3. Ladle into hot, sterilized jars and process for 10 minutes in a hot water bath. Makes 6 cups.
|Radio One||Weekdays 12 p.m. AT|