Recently posted by Jerry West
Wednesday September 1, 2010
Posted by Jerry West
Kady O'Malley updated us on the last day of the Liberals' summer caucus. And on the phone-in, it can cause us to stop and look, take a picture or just become part of the fabric of our communities. Today on...
Click to download podcast
Click to download podcast
Tuesday August 31, 2010
Posted by Jerry West
What happened to David Wilcox on a bus in Lower Sackville on saturday has a lot of people talking about the treatment faced by people with brain injuries. The Annapolis valley man says he was humiliated by an Acadian...
Click to download podcast
Click to download podcast
Wednesday August 25, 2010
Posted by Jerry West
Check It Out: The warm weather this summer has afforded many Maritimers the chance to go on long walks with their dogs. But sometimes smaller critters also hitch a ride during those outings. Ticks don't just get under our...
Click to download podcast
Click to download podcast
Tuesday August 24, 2010
Posted by Jerry West
In Tune: They're not portable and can often be expensive, but the piano's versatility has made it one of the world's most familiar and popular musical instruments. From the beat up old upright in the corner of the parlour you...
Click to download podcast
Click to download podcast
Friday July 2, 2010
Posted by Jerry West
Bees are all the buzz in Caribou, Nova Scotia. Hear why... And, on the phone-in: Marjorie Willison was here to talk about all the creepy crawlies that are eating our greenery. She also answered your gardening questions....
Click to download podcast
Click to download podcast
- Maritime Noon
- Sep. 6 – How Class Sizes Affect Learning. Advice on How to Cope with Being Fired. Feedback on Public Investment in Art.
- Aug. 30 – The Naked Oat
- Aug. 24 – Salad Nicoise
- Aug. 22 – Wild Berry Recipes from Marian Munro
- Aug. 13 – Weight Misconceptions, Painting Advice
- Jul. 30 – Tree Trouble in Fredericton, Your Thoughts on Richard Hurlburt's Sentence, How We Can Stop Impaired Driving
- Jul. 25 – How to Report a Dead Whale
- Jul. 24 – Moncton Cracks Down on Street B-ball Nets, Your Camping Stories, More Chanties...And a Mystery
- Jul. 20 – Perspective on the Colorado Shooting, PEI Chemical Company Fights Apartment Development, Your Favourite Sea Chanties
- Jul. 9 – Queen of Green blog
- Jul. 9 – Potato Farmers Respond to PEI Fish Kill, Advice For Living Green at Home, More Visitor Horror Stories
- Jul. 5 – More Information on Auto Insurance
- Jul. 3 – Cuts to Refugee Health Coverage, Terry Punch on Family Crests and Family History, Your Thoughts on Oreo's Rainbow Cookie.
- Jun. 29 – Report On Fisherman Safety, Sidney Crosby's 100 Million Dollar Deal, Your Thoughts On Active Kids
- Jun. 14 – Hit Man Case, Science Qs, Your Feedback
- May. 30 – How Long Will You Live?
- May. 29 – Log Your Cell Phone Complaint
- May. 16 – EI Changes and Joint Replacements
- May. 15 – Family History Conference - NS
- May. 11 – Tourism, Bike Maintenance and Open City
- Apr. 23 – Wind Turbines, Speed Limits, EI Feedback
- Apr. 20 – EI Changes, Wildlife Qs
- Mar. 30 – Maritimers React to the Federal Budget
- Mar. 28 – Pugwash Wind Farm, Bedbug Stories
- Mar. 26 – NB Flood Stories, Automotive Advice
- Mar. 26 – Doug Bethune Weblinks
- Mar. 20 – MLA Pension Cut, Is Eating Meat Ethical?
- Mar. 16 – Eating Disorder LINKS
- Feb. 28 – Dying a Good Death - Links
- Feb. 27 – RRSP Deadline, Most Memorable Wake
- Feb. 21 – Anne Murray Protests Wind Farm
- Feb. 14 – Your Favourite Chocolate Recipes
- Feb. 8 – Do Not Call List
- Jan. 18 – Bibles in Schools, Household Solutions
- Jan. 18 – Bibles in Schools
- Jan. 16 – Tiny (the Not-So-Tiny-Cat) On the Move!
- Jan. 13 – Recipe: Snow Crab Cakes
- Jan. 10 – Radon Links
- Jan. 9 – Brad Marchand - Dirty Hit?
- Jan. 5 – Chickadee Pie
- Dec. 27 – Ski Hill Check-In, Travelling South
- Dec. 16 – Kids Ask Santa Questions!
- Dec. 9 – Chef Craig Flinn's Granola in a Jar
- Dec. 2 – Great Reads for this Holiday Season!
- Nov. 25 – And the Winner is...
- Nov. 24 – Maritime Snow Clearance Policies
- Nov. 16 – Jeff Crawford Photo - Offensive?
- Nov. 14 – Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe
- Nov. 11 – Veteran Voices of Canada
- Sep. 30 – PEI Election Preview, Minister MacKay's Flights, Thanksgiving Dinner, Eating Local, Mean Geese
- Sep. 29 – Eating Food from Cape Breton for 30 Days
- Sep. 22 – Election trouble in Esgenoopetitj (Burnt Church), Red Head Stories, Maritime Superstitions
- Sep. 13 – Complementary Cancer Medicine
- Aug. 30 – Do you need to convert your old TV?
- Aug. 23 – Foraging Goods from the Woods
- Aug. 15 – Recipe for Peach Lavender Jam
- Aug. 8 – Don't Get Scammed!
- Jul. 29 – More Information About Organic Food...
- Jul. 27 – Research on the Health Care Question...
- Jul. 21 – Staycation Suggestions for PEI
- Jul. 20 – Staycation Suggestions for Nova Scotia
- Jun. 10 – BBQ Recipes from Chef Craig Flinn
- May. 20 – Can You Identify These Flowers?
- May. 19 – RECIPE FOR KILLING CREEPING CHARLIE
- May. 6 – Flood Warning: St. John River Basin
- Apr. 27 – Election Panel and Income Tax
- Apr. 18 – Urban Chickens, Gardening, Your Feedback
- Apr. 12 – What NOT to Wear to Teen Dances
- Apr. 11 – "Fisher" vs. "Fishermen"
- Apr. 8 – Seafood Recipes by Chef Craig Flinn
- Apr. 4 – Mark It On The Calendar...
- Apr. 1 – New Drunk Driving Law in NS, Pesticide Ban + Recipe to Kill Creeping Charlie, NHL Legend Darryl Sittler in NB
- Mar. 4 – Low Salt Recipes
- Feb. 14 – RCMP on NS MLA Expenses, Loud Snowmobiles in PEI, NB Speed Skating Sisters, and Should Phys Ed be Mandatory?
- Jonathan DeRouchie
- Costas HALAVREZOS
- Sep. 17 – The Last Waltz
- Sep. 16 – The 19th century journals of a man who saved part of aboriginal culture from extinction / Gerry McConnell on running an international mining company from the Maritimes / Phone-in : What qualities do we need in the next generation of Maritime leaders ?
- Sep. 15 – Your reaction to our story about new fees for getting cellphone bills in the mail / Phone-in : Your ideas for genuine Maritime movies
- Sep. 14 – New fees for receiving bills in the mail / Phone-in : Jim White answers questions about using paint, stain or wallpaper
- Sep. 13 – David and Alexa Lemstra sort out wireless confusion by answering questions about cellphone plans
- Sep. 10 – Early results for the Maritimes Butterfly Atlas / After August highs, Atlantic Coast water temperatures take a dive / Phone-in: Marjorie Willison on gardening and storing the harvest
- Sep. 9 – Why one Maritime community has been burying its powerlines for decades / Phone-in: What guides you in scheduling your child's extracurricular activities ?
- Sep. 8 – Who would benefit and who should pay if we want electrical utility wires underground / Phone-in: Jim Lindner with advice on how to preserve your personal audio-visual collection or migrate it to digital form
- Sep. 7 – Art Irwin on what needs to be checked now to keep your home heating system running smoothly this winter
- Aug. 19 – Mailbag: Customers with "issues", proposal for deposits on take-away coffee cups, and Canada Border Services / Phone-in: Janice Murray Gill on pickling
- Aug. 18 – International award for animated film by Halifax students on energy conservation / Phone-in : Historians David Frank and Nicole Lang : Labour landmarks of the Maritimes
- Aug. 13 – How visitors and tourism operators on PEI are coping with this year's crop of mosquitos / Tick removal 101 for humans and pets / Phone-in : Marjorie Willison on gardening
- Aug. 12 – Maritime cyclists want safer roads, more training opportunities / Phone-in: Would you favour year-round education ?
- Aug. 11 – More collective wisdom as you complete the sentence, "The older I get, the more I realize..." / Phone-in: favourite cycling routes in the Maritimes and advice on improving infrastructure
- Aug. 9 – Phone-in - Terry O'Reilly of "The Age of Persuasion" : What's the Most Effective Ad You've Seen Lately ?
- Aug. 5 – ViewPoint Gallery / Halifax
- Aug. 5 – Maritime company grows to meet global demand for a particular size of wind turbine / History repeats itself with cheap food imports squeezing out locally-produced items / Phone-in: Advice on solving computer performance problems
- Aug. 4 – Live from Moncton !
- Aug. 4 – Norm Miller of Corridor Resources on pursuing oil and gas in the Gulf of St Lawrence / Frustrations of trying to buy local food / Phone-in: Dave Holland on pest control
- Aug. 3 – What keeps Maritimers from buying more local food in supermarkets / How George Wendt (Norm from "Cheers") settled on a run of "Hairspray" in Charlottetown / Phone-in: Art Irwin on ventilation, heating & energy conservation
- Jul. 29 – Unanswered questions about the controversial new "liberation" treatment for MS / Feedback on how to encourage more young people to stay and work in the Maritimes / Phone-in: Dan and Darren Steeves answer questions about how to pursue a healthier lifestyle
- Jul. 28 – Neglect charges in NB highlight need for better federal animal welfare legislation / Comments on urban truck traffic, new labour market realities / Phone-in: Terry Punch on genealogy and the census
- Jul. 27 – Urban affairs reporter: Why allow container trucks on Victorian-era streets in Halifax ? A Fredericton nurse returns from working with malnourished children and their mothers in India / Phone-in: Cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Jul. 26 – Moncton memories of the World Track and Field Championships / Why young Maritimers leave for jobs and what employers could do to make it more attractive to stay / Phone-in: how to manage a woodlot
- Jul. 22 – Aside from Moncton, where can Maritime track and field athletes find decent facilities ? / A world "first" for NB as Amber Alerts move onto Facebook / Phone-in: Questions about The Science of Everyday Life
- Jul. 21 – Mihira Lakshman on Maritime hopes at the Junior World Track and Field Championships / Tintype tale / Phone-in: What should Maritime employers do to attract younger workers ?
- Jul. 20 – Meet an international journalist (and some excited visting fans) at the World Junior Track and Field Championships / Phone-in: Rosemary Beckett on antiques and collectibles
- Jul. 19 – Could move towards earlier diagnosis of Alzheimer's have unintended consequences ? Phone-in: Dr Kenneth Rockwood on Alzheimer's and other varieties of dementia
- Jul. 16 – Your thoughts on the future of the forest industry / Phone-in : Marjorie Willison returns to answer your questions about gardens and lawns
- Jul. 15 – The battle for hearts and minds on the future of forestry heats up / Phone-in: Duff Conacher, head of "Democracy Watch" : What would improve the health of democracy in Canada ?
- Jul. 14 – Health implications for babies who aren't weaned from the bottle after 15 months / Money-losing Co-Op Atlantic store looks to other successful turnarounds in the region for inspiration / Phone-in : Jim White on using paints and stains
- Jul. 13 – Phone-in: Jim Lindner with advice on saving personal audio-visual materials and migrating them to digital formats
- Jul. 12 – Stranded cows and flooded roads in NS/NB border area / Ottawa's decision to drop mandatory long-form census could eliminate best source of unbiased information / Phone-in: Doug Bethune on automotive problems
- Jun. 18 – Mail call ! Your thoughts on the "time crunch" and securing a safe supply of fresh water / Phone-in: Dr Nick Giacomantonio answers questions about preventing or managing heart disease and strokes
- Jun. 17 – As tensions escalate on the Korean Peninsula, Ted Barris revisits the stories of Canadians who fought in the Korean War / Bell Aliant's explanation for sky-high executive salaries / Phone-in: Your recommendations for summer reading
- Jun. 14 – More Maritime volunteers needed for major regional study on cancer rates / Phone-in : Your thoughts on effects of English becoming the global language
- Jun. 11 – Fire destroys the legion branch in Oromocto and a chapter in the history of local veterans / Forget swings and monkey bars - Dartmouth kids get a nature-inspired playground / Phone-in : Marjorie Willison answers gardening questions
- Jun. 10 – How Ottawa's MEPs filter requests for information from government politicians or civil servants / Phone-in: Donald Savoie, author of "Power : Where Is It ?" "Where does real power lie in Canada ?"
- Jun. 9 – Why bodychecking at Peewee level of hockey is bad for your kid's health / Candid look at the uneasy relationship between politics and science / Phone-in: What's a must-see destination or event in the Maritimes this summer ?
- Jun. 8 – NB's McNulty-O'Dell family channels grief to end drunk driving / What happened when a superior went snooping through an employee's personal email account in a town office / Phone-in: Should your boss have the right to monitor your computer use ?
- Jun. 7 – Maritime scientist in Gulf of Mexico explains controversial decision to inject dispersant chemicals to break up BP's leaking oil / Phone-in: Mary Anne White & Richard Wassersug on the sense of smell and The Science of Everyday Life
- Jun. 4 – Decommissioned sub with bleak future in the Maritimes becomes tourist attraction in Québec / Phone-in: Bonnie Adams of Barley, Malt & Vine on making beer or wine at home
- Jun. 3 – Safer shelter for survivors of Haitian earthquake / Why Maritime entrepreneurs are stockpiling used flourescent lights / Phone-in: Cleo Paskal : What's the most effective thing world leaders should do about environmental change ?
- Jun. 2 – Tattoo artist thinks Maritime governments should outline and colour in her industry with health regulations / Remembering Doug Harkness / Phone-in : installing and maintaining septic systems
- Jun. 1 – Remembering Doug Harkness, dean of harness racing writers in the Maritimes / Sir John Houghton on exploiting oil in high risk areas / Phone-in: Home energy consultant Art Irwin on air conditioners
- May. 31 – Sir John Houghton on climate change,science and religion / Junior high science whizzes / Phone-in: Genealogy
- May. 28 – The case for a regional approach to oil and gas development in the Gulf of St Lawrence / Researchers find a sugar to replace petroleum compounds in paint and cosmetics / Phone-in : What's your most memorable soccer experience ?
- May. 26 – Bishop of Corner Brook and Labrador on the call that led to the removal of a priest from a PEI parish / Canadian astronomers excited about new radio telescope in South America / Phone-in: Jason Brown on math & statistics in daily life
- May. 25 – Lobsters cruise in style to markets in Europe / Phone-in: botanist Marian Munro answers questions about edible wild plants of the Maritimes
- May. 5 – Maritime women's groups alarmed by pattern of federal funding cuts / CB musician Gordie Sampson's view of disastrous Nashville floods / Phone-in: Laura Penny, author of "More Money Than Brains". Question: Is society getting smarter or more stupid?
- May. 4 – Head of the Canadian Pain Society: "We're wasting billions" by not having comprehensive strategy on chronic pain /Phone-in: Mary Anne White & Richard Wassersug on The Science of Everyday Life.
- May. 3 – Maritime designer believes system he's developing would succeed in Gulf of Mexico where conventional technology has failed / Update on (possibly) toxic wild plants / Phone-in: Genealogist Terry Punch on names from Arabic-speaking countries
- Apr. 30 – Q&A With Contestants in "The Next Big Question" / Phone-in: Chefs Flinn and Willum answer your cooking questions
- Apr. 19 – Advice for Maritimers with travel plans involving Europe : get philosophical / Contenders for the Next Big Question for Canadian scientists / Phone-in: What would improve transportation between Maritime communities ?
- Apr. 16 – Certifying a fishery as sustainable can still leave you with questions at the seafood counter / Phone-in : Should people who post online comments have to identify themselves ?
- Apr. 15 – Humility and generosity from winners of the 2010 Atlantic Book Awards / Animal stories from the backyard wilderness / Phone-in : Bob Bancroft on Wildlife of the Maritimes
- Apr. 14 – NS court case zeroes in on people who posted certain comments on The Coast's site / Petiticodiac River and Bay of Fundy to mingle for first time since 1968 / Your comments on widowhood / Phone-in : Wild birds
- Apr. 13 – Evidence that Maritime Noon has the brainiest listeners / Phone-in: Experiences of being a widower
- Apr. 12 – Feds' termination of Energy Retrofit programme already causing job losses in PEI / New online tool helps non-profits decide whether to apply for charitable status / Phone-in : Pitch the Publishers
- Apr. 8 – MD who examined emergency medicine system says some problems can be fixed without additional money / Phone-in: Jim White answers questions on using paint or stain - indoors or out
- Apr. 7 – Unsafe wharf could jeopardize whale-watching season in NS community / Reactions to ideas for reducing drug plan costs / Phone-in: George Iny of the APA on best buys in new and used cars
- Apr. 6 – New regional group wants to save drug plan members from rising costs / Phone-in: Bill Consolvo and Dave Schulein with advice on maintaining your bicycle
- Apr. 5 – Sudden end of federal eco-Energy Retrofit program has heating contractor shaking his head / Why NB environmentalists want to make the scruffiest pieces of urban land "ground zero" for wildflowers / Phone-in: genealogist Terry Punch
- Apr. 1 – PEI and NB react to Ottawa axing program that helps homeowners cut energy costs / Former residents of PEI orphanage disappointed in Supreme Court of Canada decision on liability for alleged abuses / Phone-in: Marjorie Willison with advice on gardening
- Mar. 31 – NS decision on gas pricing means customers near border will continue to head to NB for fill-ups / Refugee groups on Ottawa's new policies / Green plastics / Phone-in: your 2009 income tax return
- Mar. 30 – Forestry at the crossroads : what's the highest use for trees ? A driver safety course designed for seniors / Phone-in: Mary Anne White and Richard Wassersug on The Science of Every Day Life
- Mar. 29 – Switching struggling Maritime forest companies to energy producers / We dig deeper into the root cellar idea - for houses and institutions / Phone-in: Art Irwin with advice on damp basements and answers to home heating questions
- Mar. 26 – Cattle producers sue Ottawa over the 2003 BSE crisis / The search for authentic Maritime foods / Phone-in: Jim Merkel, author of Radical Simplicity - your ideas for a more sustainable life
- Mar. 25 – What's the most important point for you in the failed deal between NBPower & Hydro-Québec ? And... Does the public have the right to know when soldiers are wounded ?
- Mar. 24 – Collapse of the proposed deal NB Power-Hydro Quebec deal / Phone-in : From savages to spiritual icons, Hollywood has played fast and loose with native culture. How have movies shaped perceptions of aboriginal people ?
- Mar. 23 – Maritime projects to reduce Greenhouse Gas emissions : injecting CO2 into concrete and trimming methane emissions from dairy herds / Phone-in: "Do you think carbon-trading will reduce greenhouse gas emissions ?"
- Mar. 22 – Cosmetic pesticides : should the Maritimes be on the same page ? Students learn how indiscreet messages can backfire / Public services you'd live without to balance the books / Phone-in: Questions about hearing loss
- Mar. 19 – As older Maritimers give up their driving licences, how will they get around ? Phone-in : Which reduction or elimination of a government service would you be willing to accept ?
- Mar. 18 – We list water as our most important natural resource, but why do we waste so much ? Phone-in : Would you support a driving retirement program for seniors ?
- Mar. 17 – Acadian Lines' proposed cuts to NB and NS bus service get rough ride from passengers / Ottawa's about-face on C@P cuts / Shifting constellations / Phone-in : buying or selling real estate
- Mar. 16 – What will federal funding cuts mean to Maritimers who depend on C@P sites ? Your thoughts on diversity and multiculturalism in the region / Phone-in : questions about stars, constellations, planets and any object in the night sky
- Mar. 15 – Multiculturalism - threat to a strong, unified society or word for what's always existed : a changing mix of ethnicity, race and culture that ultimately enriches the country ? What do you wish to make of Canada's increasing diversity ?
- Mar. 12 – NS steel fabricator unhappy about millions in public money for new competitor / Interview about 1963 airline crash inspires memorable response / Phone-in: Marjorie Willison answers gardening questions
- Mar. 11 – As Maritime rinks slump at Brier, region's fans find new team to cheer / Will change in federal budget make it easier for Maritime entrepreneurs to attract foreign investors ? Phone-in: Doug Bethune answers your automotive questions
- Mar. 10 – Clearing up mixed messages about Ottawa's commitment to help the most innovative Maritime companies / Phone-in: your questions about filing 2009 income tax returns
- Mar. 9 – Locked-in pension ? Need money ? You might be in the crosshairs of a scam artist / Phone-in: how to care for people with dementia (and support the caregivers)
- Mar. 8 – How a 1963 airline crash provides insights into Canadian society of the era / Phone-in: Genealogist Terry Punch
- Mar. 5 – Ottawa tables a budget that's long on austerity and short on new spending. Phone-in : what do you like - and not like - about the federal budget ?
- Mar. 4 – Large egg producers withdraw request that Marketing Council reduce size of free-range flocks / Phone-in: Dietitian and cookbook author Mary Sue Waisman answers questions on how to plan a diet that meets your needs for nutrition and energy
- Mar. 3 – First up : the Maritime Noon Herb Garden sprouts into action / Phone-in : Sara Iverson and Boris Worm answer your questions about the current state and future of the oceans
- Mar. 2 – HMCS Halifax crew returns from Haiti / NS Premier : "If it's good for Moncton, it's good for Halifax" / Phone-in : Mary Anne White and Richard Wassersug answer questions about The Science of Everyday Life
- Mar. 1 – Delivering from farm gate to urban consumers / Restaurateur who wants to "Buy Local" can't get reliable supply / Phone-in: Dan Steeves - sharing advice and stories on how to quit smoking
- Feb. 26 – Will closure of fresh pork line at Larsen's provide opportunity for other processors ? The Oak Island obsession : what keeps people searching for buried treasure ? Phone-in: Art Irwin on preventing "ice dams" and keeping your house warm
- Feb. 25 – Family's dream trip to the tropics evaporates when carrier goes out of business / Jail time for pharmaceutical industry figures ? Dissent over the Africville deal / Veterinarian Eric Carnegy on pet care
- Feb. 24 – Mayor of Halifax apologizes for the 1960s demolition of Africville / What the lack of ice in the Gulf of St Lawrence could mean for seals and hunters / Phone-in: "What's the most significant Olympics story for you ?"
- Feb. 23 – Does Big Pharma have a moral obligation to fund independent medical research ? Could better transit revitalize the retail cores of Maritime cities ? Phone-in: Bob Bancroft on wildlife of the Maritimes
- Feb. 22 – Teacher who survived sinking of the Concordia / Problems with oversight in drug research / Ideas for revitalizing the centres of Maritime cities ? Phone-in : Better Business Bureau of the Maritimes
- Feb. 19 – Recruiting memories from a new generation of veterans / Response to show on Snow Days / Phone-in: Dr Toby Mandelman on the care & health of your eyes
- Feb. 18 – PEI's untapped tourist market...in NB and NS / Confidentiality and pharmaceutical company-sponsored health research / Phone-in: Should teachers have to go to school to work on snow days ?
- Feb. 17 – The pharmaceutical industry and its influence on health research / Phone-in: Terry O'Reilly - host of the show - and now co-author of the book - entitled "The Age of Persuasion" on effective advertising
- Feb. 16 – A whole new mindset : will a gaming facility, energy plant and additions to reserve lands transform a New Brunswick First Nation ? Phone-in: P3 - What are the pros and cons of public-private partnerships ?
- Feb. 15 – How can Maritime cities get businesses back into the urban core ? Your thoughts on a Nova Scotia hostel's decision to fire its manager / Phone-in: Rosemary Beckett answers questions about antiques or collectibles
- Feb. 12 – Manager of hostel in Wentworth cries foul over the way he was fired; president says firing was deserved / Phone-in: Anne Hunt and Sheree Fitch : What's the most memorable children's story or poem in your life ?
- Feb. 11 – MD's insight leads to better care in nursing homes & less pressure on ERs / A shift in plans for Donkin Mine could conflict with lobster fishery / Phone-in: What's the most important information you need when buying or selling property?
- Feb. 10 – Coastal action groups can't get commitment from Ottawa on funding for final year / How to help with the Maritimes Butterfly Atlas / Phone-in : Emily White, author of "Lonely: Learning to Live with Solitude"
- Feb. 9 – Ottawa explains cutting assistance for literary magazines in the Maritimes and across Canada / Highlights from a major Maritime fundraiser for Haiti / Phone-in: Would it be easier to give if there were fewer charities ?
- Feb. 8 – NB not acting on suggested Family Court reforms / Why NS is putting an end to permits for private citizens to cut firewood on Crown land / Phone-in: Genealogist Terry Punch on tracing your family tree
- Feb. 5 – Could new deal with US on "Buy American" mean more work in Canada for a Maritime firm ? Cape Bretoners prepare to return west as tar sands projects resume / Phone-in: Jim White's advice on using paint, stain or wallpaper
- Feb. 4 – NS Auditor-General on problems with P3 schools' contracts / Irving-supplied gas stations close in Massachusetts / Phone-in: Doug Bethune answers automotive questions
- Feb. 3 – Raj Patel, author of "The Value of Nothing : Why Everything Costs So Much More Than We Think". Phone-in : "In our society, are there things more important than price ?"
- Feb. 2 – Head of CBC Sports responds to criticism that Don Cherry promotes environment of violence in hockey / Art Irwin's tips for keeping your home oil line from freezing / Phone-in : The Science of Everyday Life
- Feb. 1 – Ganong Panel report on NB/Québec power deal / George Iny's advice for Toyota owners / Rock 'em, sock 'em responses to phone-in on hockey violence / Phone-in : Art Irwin on new regulations for oil tanks and answers to heating system questions
- Jan. 29 – Science gives us even more reasons to love blueberries / Phone-in with the Globe & Mail's Roy MacGregor : "What's the best way to prevent hockey violence ?"
- Jan. 28 – Concerns about cuts to literary magazines that showcase Maritime writers / Phone-in: John Lanchester, author of "I.O.U.: Why Everyone Owes Everyone and No-one Can Pay". Question : Do you believe the financial system is safer than it was before the crash ?
- Jan. 27 – Literary journals in the Maritimes to lose federal assistance / Your support for regulating the home inspection industry / Phone-in: Marjorie Willison on plants and how to start an indoor herb garden
- Jan. 26 – Return of sea lice to Fundy salmon farms has researchers looking for a new fix / Maritimers by choice, but for very different reasons / Phone-in : Prevention, diagnosis & treatment of diabetes
- Jan. 25 – From suspected DUI to international incident on the Maine-NB border / Maritime contractor calls for regulation of the housing inspection industry / Phone-in: Eric Tusz-King and Alan Keating answer home repair and renovation questions
- Jan. 22 – A Maritimer heads to Haiti to help build secure homes / Comments on NS/NB cross-border shopping / Phone-in : Cleo Paskal, author of "Global Warring"; What do you think will be the most likely cause of future conflicts ?
- Jan. 21 – Can Amherst businesses compete with bargains across the border in NB ? Biggest tender for oil and gas development in NB's history in play / Phone-in: Dr Gabor Maté : How can parents establish a loving and lasting relationship with children ?
- Jan. 20 – It's new, but is it improved : latest version of the controversial NB/Québec energy deal / Parliamentary Budget Officer Kevin Page's advice on returning to balanced budgets / Phone-in: Should governments raise new tax revenues to balance budgets ?
- Jan. 19 – The Irvings' proposal for a new way of moving electricity around the region / Why politicians are tip-toeing around potential sources of tax revenue they need to balance budgets / Phone-in : dietitian Maureen Tilley's advice on low- and no-salt recipes
- Jan. 18 – The lowdown on the degree of risk involved in new airport scanners / Why are so many teenaged girls physically inactive ? Phone-in : "What made you decide to live in the Maritimes ?"
- Jan. 15 – Phone-in: Judge Harvey Brownstone - author of "Tug of War: A Judge's Verdict on Separation, Custody Battles and the Bitter Realities of Family Court"
- Jan. 14 – Are Halifax's container terminals in the wrong place ? Preparing for life with Alzheimer's / Phone-in : your questions about the diagnosis and treatment of Alzheimer's and dementia
- Jan. 13 – People involved in Haitian relief effort and Maritimers waiting to hear from relatives there / Phone-in: Judith Andrew of the Canadian Federation of Independent Business : red tape you could do without
- Jan. 12 – Fire, power outages, floods and mopping up in downtown Halifax / The Uncool Factor : Why teenage girls take a pass on exercise / Phone-in: What are the best or worst ads in circulation today ?
- Jan. 11 – New Brunswick hospitals prepare to take patients from Nova Scotia in the event of strike / Your comments on transportation stories / Phone-in: veterinarian Dr Eric Carnegy answers questions about family pets
- Jan. 8 – How vulnerable are you to storm damage ? Comments on Stephen Harper's style and tactics / Phone-in: Our fitness panel answers questions on getting in shape and avoiding injury
- Jan. 7 – Despite critics, NS firm says it can harvest rockweed sustainably in Maine / Phone-in: Politics, prorogation and governing : What do you want to see happen between now and the next Federal election ?
- Jan. 6 – A Maritimer's tale of the new security regime when flying to the US / Some Mainers want NS company to reduce rockweed harvesting / Phone-in: automotive expert Doug Bethune with advice on maintaining your vehicle
- Jan. 5 – Is it time for a revival of the Halifax to Boston ferry ? More stories of storm surge destruction / Phone-in: Genealogist Terry Punch on family health histories
- Jan. 4 – Maritimers in coastal communities reflect on damage from latest storm surges / What you need to know if you use a gas generator as an electrical backup / Phone-in : Art Irwin on when not to replace a furnace
- Jerry West
- DEBORAH M WOOLWAY
- Jan. 24 – ATVs, Coyotes, and Student Debt
- Jan. 20 – Who's watching those surveillance cameras? A new security company comes to Halifax / Phone In: Education Cuts
- Jan. 19 – Cutting Budgets: One group wants the province to start with MLAs pensions. / Phone In: Beer & wine making with Bonnie Adams
- Jan. 14 – Clearing out the voicemail, and inbox: Your perspective on this weeks' stories / Phone in: Art Irwin answers your home heating questions
- Jan. 13 – Dire Straits' 25 year old hit deemed 'unacceptable' for Canadian audiences / Phone In: Getting and staying fit in the new year!
- Jan. 12 – Crossing the Floor: Scott Brison looks back on his decision to defect / Phone In: Who should have a say, when elected officials leave their party?
- Jan. 11 – Tourism NS, NB and PEI, together? Considering a shared tourism agency / Phone In: Taking a leap. Our lifestyle coaches help you prepare for big changes.
- Jan. 10 – Three Maritime Premiers discuss the challenges laying ahead in 2011, and on the Phone in: What do you think are the biggest hurdles in our region in the coming year?
- Jan. 5 – The Joys of Skating Outdoors/ The Bluenose II, or should it be III? / Phone-in: Food Trends
- Dec. 31 – Terry Punch Awarded/ 2010 Top Book Picks
- Dec. 24 – The Christmas Card of the Air
- Dec. 24 – Wild Birds of the Maritimes
- Dec. 22 – Storm Encore/ Phone In: Parenting 101
- Dec. 20 – Maritime Noon Food Bank Show
- Dec. 14 – December Flood: Maritimers clean up after a powerful wind and rain storm / Phone In: Our Renovating experts answer your questions just in time to save a couple of flooded basements!
- Dec. 13 – The Great Convention Centre debate / Phone In: Geneologist Terry Punch sheds light on your family tree
- Dec. 9 – Education Cuts and School Boards/ Energy Bill break in Summerside/ Phone in: The Science Panel
- Dec. 3 – Christmas Tree Woes/ Cider Fire Follow/ Phone In: What's the one movie you'd recommend this year?
- Nov. 30 – Robert Latimer/Phone in: Car Buying
- Nov. 29 – HIV-AIDS Awareness Week: Measuring Progress in the fight against AIDS / Phone In: Stephen Lewis answers your questions about AIDS in Sub-Saharan Africa
- Nov. 17 – Scientists get Media Savvy/ A Different Approach to Afghanistan/ Phone-in: Art Irwin on Heating with Wood
- Nov. 12 – Your Recommendations for Young Readers
- Nov. 11 – A Day Of Remembrance
- Nov. 9 – Flooded Out/ The Treatment of Veterans/White Poppy Controversy/Phone In: Painting expert, Jim White.
- Nov. 4 – Hospital Fundraisers Seek Patient Info/ Midwifery in the Maritimes/ The Baking Phone In with Janice Murray Gill/
- Oct. 29 – The Art of Governing/ Enrollment up at Maritime Universities/Phone In: Beer & Wine Making with Bonnie Adams
- Oct. 25 – Under the Sea: Power from Newfoundland/ Phone In: Do you support standardized testing in public schools?
- Oct. 22 – Health Canada's response to AlphaMax controversy in NB/ Phone In: Your opinion on media coverage of the Russell Williams case/.
- Oct. 20 – Lucentis Gets the Green Light in NS/ Sea Lice and Deltamethrin/ Controlling Tunicates/ Phone in: Childhood Asthma
- Oct. 18 – Stay-in-school/Phone In: Terry Punch
- Oct. 12 – Tunicate Invasion in Northern NB/ Queen Mary 2 to the Rescue/ Phone In: Car Care with Doug Bethune
- Oct. 6 – Oil & Gas Uncertainty/Social Justice for Rural Communities/Phone in:What Makes a Great Neighbourhood?
- Sep. 23 – Sprinting to New Delhi/Maritime Software Developer Has Hit on His Hands/ The Science Panel.
- Sep. 22 – Your Experiences with Palliative Care
- Aug. 30 – If you make it, will they eat it?
- Aug. 16 – US skipper will never return because of treatment by Canada Border Services / Deposit on coffee and tea containers ? Phone-in: Sound, hearing,and The Science of Everyday Life.
- Jul. 8 – Speak Up for Yourself with Voice Prints/ Cyrus Eaton's Legacy/ Phone In: How to Create a Culture of Peace
- Jul. 6 – Cool Tunes, Hot Jazz
- Jun. 24 – Tidal Power Ebbs and Flows in the Bay of Fundy/ Phone In: Is Technology bringing us closer togather or driving us farther apart?
- Jun. 22 – The Case of the Exploding Wine/ Investing in the Past to Forge a Future/ What Makes a Great Workplace?
- May. 27 – Solving a Flood Plain Problem/Fighting Food Fraud/Phone In: Jim White on Paints and Stains
- May. 21 – Why a public inquiry into John Simon's death won't get the answers some people are seeking/ The Gardening Phone In
- May. 19 – Women Shut Out of Canada Excellence Research Chairs/ Happy Birthday Saint John/ Phone In: Family law
- May. 18 – The MLA expense scandal in Nova Scotia is referred to police/ New Waterford Soup Kitchen/ Phone In: Pain management.
- May. 12 – Separated at Birth? Weird Seaweed and Tim Burton/ On the Phone-In: The Secret Life of Birds
- May. 6 – Your comments on Fed funding cuts to Maritime women's groups / Phone in: What's helped you most in dealing with cancer?
- Apr. 23 – Youth Outreach Program Loses Its Funding/Phone-In: What Aren't You Getting From Mainstream Newspapers?
- Apr. 20 – Mystery Creature Identified / All Aboard: Rural Transportation in the Maritimes/ Phone In: Filing Your 2009 Income Tax Return
|Radio One||Weekdays 12 p.m. AT|