Set Winnipeg as default location
Current ConditionsMon Mar 27, 17 at 2:00 PM CDT
Sunrise: 7:16 AM
Sunset: 7:52 PM
NE 19 km/h
Pressure: 101.9 kPa
Chance of showers
Summary(Celsius) Mon Mar 27, 17 at 11:00 AM CDT Mon Mar 27, 17 at 11:00 AM CDT
Cloudy. 60 percent chance of showers early this afternoon. High plus 5.
Mainly cloudy. Low minus 2.
A mix of sun and cloud. High 7.
|A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||A mix of sun and cloud||Chance of showers||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
We start the week with a cloudy day and a few showers drifting west to east in the early afternoon. On radar, those are mainly south and east of the Winnipeg area and have been anything from rain to snow to freezing rain this morning.
You won’t need the sunglasses much today across the south and temps will be close to seasonal.
Tuesday will be brighter with a high temp up around 7. The real warm up starts on Wednesday though with a high temp in the double digits. That’s also our next opportunity for some rain. There is a brief band of showers scheduled for the evening here in the RRV.
Thursday is brighter once again and Friday looks soggy at this point but still mild.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Monday: N @ 10/20 in the afternoon.
Tuesday: NE @ 20 in the morning. NE @ 10/20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday: SE @ 10/15 in the morning. S @ 20/25 in the afternoon.
Thursday: S @ 10/15 in the morning. S @ 10/15 in the afternoon.
- Family furious after dog stolen, dragged behind truck, killed
- A family near Carman, Man., hope the public can help police find out who took their dog Friday night and killed it.
- Indigenous Affairs minister, Manitoba chiefs meet to discuss child welfare
- Indigenous Affairs Minister Carolyn Bennett says she wants to see a child-centred approach when it comes to child welfare in Manitoba.
- New Greendell Park Community Centre gets upgrades
- Improvements at Greendell Park Community Centre got underway in February 2017 and will be completed by summer 2017.
- Indigenous students claim sexual abuse at Catholic day school in Manitoba
- In a case with striking similarities to testimony made by residential school survivors, two Indigenous adult women say they were repeatedly sexual abused by clergy at a Catholic day school in Manitoba they were forced to attend as children.
- Hockey Canada to make smaller ice surfaces mandatory for youngest kids' games
- Hockey Canada says it will make it mandatory that children getting their first introduction to the game play on reduced-size ice surfaces instead of full-sized rinks.