Set Winnipeg as default location
Current ConditionsThu May 07, 15 at 4:18 AM CDT
UV: 3 (Moderate)
Sunrise: 5:56 AM
Sunset: 8:55 PM
SE 14 km/h
Pressure: 100.3 kPa
Summary(Celsius) Thu May 07, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT Thu May 07, 15 at 5:00 AM CDT
Cloudy. Showers beginning this morning. Wind becoming northwest 40 km/h gusting to 60 this morning. Temperature falling to 7 this afternoon. UV index 3 or moderate.
Showers ending early this evening then cloudy. Wind northwest 30 km/h becoming light late this evening. Low minus 1.
Cloudy. Wind north 20 km/h. High 8.
|Cloudy||Sunny||Sunny||A mix of sun and cloud||Sunny||Sunny|
CBC News: Weather Centre
Nationwide, you can view weather on CBC News Network, 7 days a week.
Don't forget, your local weather forecast is available in your area on the CBC regional nightly news.
Tune in for weather: regional, national and international, coming your way from our team of meteorologists!
John Sauder's Weather Journal
Don’t leave home Thursday morning without the umbrella…. or a warmer jacket. Rain will continue off and on through Wednesday night and Thursday. Behind this system, the south really cools down. We’ll even see falling temps on Thursday behind the cold front which passes the Red River Valley at around 11am. (earlier in the west) Winds will be gusty and cold from the northwest on Thursday. Friday brings back the sunshine but it will be windy from the north with a chilly high of only 8 degrees.
Wind Forecast for Winnipeg
Thursday: S @ 20 in the morning. NW @ 30/50 in the afternoon.
Friday: NW @ 30/50 the morning. N @ 30/40 the afternoon.
Saturday: N @ 10 in the morning. NW @ 20 in the afternoon.
- Crisis hotlines, counselling available for Manitoba teens in distress video
- As students and staff at Garden City Collegiate in Winnipeg mourn the deaths of two students, experts say help is available for anyone in the province — including young people — who need to talk to someone.
- Video Kyla Richey, national women's volleyball athlete, turns tragedy into competitive energy video
- As Canada's national women's volleyball team prepares for the Pan Am Games this summer, one of its leading athletes is turning a family tragedy into inspiration to compete.
- Gimli's Viking gets facelift after a half century standing guard
- Gimli's Viking has been caged up in orange tarps this week while it undergoes a facelift 48 years in the making.
- Manitoba's Dee Erin Band gets WCMA nomination
- Manitoba's Dee Erin Band from the Opaskwayak Cree Nation has been nominated for aboriginal recording of the year at the Western Canadian Music Awards.
- RCMP seek 4-5 suspects in Portage la Prairie machete-robbery
- RCMP are looking for four or five suspects after a man was threatened with a machete and robbed in Portage la Prairie Tuesday night.