Chic Gamine will be heading to Birds Hill Park next week for the Winnipeg Folk Festival. (Chic Gamine)
It is a sure sign of summer when Winnipeg Folk Festival is right around the corner.
Since summer time, music, and the Winnipeg Folk Festival go together so well, SCENE is offering you a chance to experience all three.
Tell us about one song that will be on your summer soundtrack for a chance to win five days of amazing music (guaranteed) under beautiful summer skies (we hope) at the Winnipeg Folk Festival.
To kick start your music brain, SCENE asked the artistic director of Winnipeg Folk Festival for summer song suggestions.
Here are Chris Frayer's five picks...and not surprisingly, you can catch all these artists live at the festival.
1. Down in the Valley by Seattle's the Head and the Heart. They may become your new favourite band after you watch the joyous occasion of their music making.
2. Manitoba's own Chic Gamine bring you Closer.
3. The groove of Sidi Toure's Mon Pays screams 'summer soundtrack.'
4. Canada's Feist makes summer so cool.
5. And the song that Chris Frayer has listened to 'a hundred times I am sure'...
Blitzen Trapper's Taking it easy to long.
Tell us about one song that will be on your summer soundtrack -- and why --for a chance to win a five-day pass to the Winnipeg Folk Festival, or one of two day passes to the festival.