In recent years, the early fall period has become a great chance for theatre fans to check out independent and smaller-scale productions. This year is no exception, with a handful of indie productions on the way ... along with the return of a big Broadway hit.
Winnipeg's Brian Hunter is $25,000 richer and a lot more well known in art circles across the country.
Four novels and a short story collection have been named to the Rogers Writers' Trust Fiction Prize shortlist. The Canadian fiction prize comes with a cash award of $25,000.
Farms across Manitoba will open their gates Sunday for Open Farm Day but you don't have to leave Winnipeg if you want to learn about the province's rich agricultural history.
- preview 5 events to watch for at this year's FemFest
- Teghan's top 5 things to do in and near Winnipeg this weekend (Sept. 16-18)
- ManyFest draws 70,000 to downtown Winnipeg
- Teghan's top 5 things to do in Winnipeg this weekend (Sept. 9-11)
- Teghan's top 5 things to do in Winnipeg this weekend (Sept. 2-4)
- Massive murals go up in North End with help from 17-year-old Cape Dorset artist video
- Trailer for Dennis Quaid film shot in Winnipeg now online
- Winnipeg rapper, who was born deaf, raises money for Canadian Hearing Society
- Teghan's top 5 things to do in Winnipeg this weekend (Aug. 26-28)
- Christine Fellows, John K. Samson named Winnipeg library writers-in-residence
- Teghan's top 5 things to do in and near Winnipeg this weekend (Aug. 19-21)