Cruise Opportunities - Discussion & Q&A
Facilitator: Bernadette MacNeil, Sydney Ports Corporation
Session talking points include:
- Why is Port of Sydney successful? (In between two key ports, Halifax and Quebec. Sydney has always exceeded expectations for Cruise Lines.)
- The Cruise Lines have deemed Sydney to be a very successful port. Holland America describes Sydney as sizzling. Holland America puts a lot of value and importance on the port of Sydney.
- It is expensive to anchor off of Sydney. Busing issue is also something that needs to be dealt with. (Infrastructure has to be improved. Cruise ships are selling more seats than bus seats are available.)
- Sydney has 275ft of dock frontage. Most ships are over 300ft. There is potential to go further to accommodate the larger berthing capacities.
- A port is considered successful if it's ISPS certified & Safety.
- Sydney is recognized for the deep water marine access, destination appeal and the best cruise pavilion on the eastern seaboard.
- Recommendations to improve the current port includes continued work with the stake holders. It is for growth and sustaining the current business.
Listen (runs 23:37)
Categories: Port Planning: What's Next For Sydney Harbour?
Sydney Weather Forecast
Chance of flurries
A mix of sun and cloud
Periods of snow
|Radio One||Weekdays 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.|
|Listen Live||Cape Breton | 1140 AM / 105.1 FM|
Mainstreet Talkback Line
We'd like to know your thoughts on anything you've heard, or would like to hear, on Mainstreet.
Call our Talkback line: 1-800-309-5556
We love hearing your comments and suggestions!
Upcoming EventsApril 19, 2014 :
Comedian Gerry Dee 'THE REAL MR. d' 2014 COMEDY TOUR
On Sale Date: September 9th (10am)
Amex Pre Sale: September 4-6 (phone orders Only)
Time(s): 7:30 PM | Price(s): $59.00
May 23,24,25, 2014 :
Chicago: The Musical
Winner! 6 Tony Awards including Best Revival of a Musical
Winner! 6 Drama Desk Awards, Outstanding Revival of a Musical
Premiering in 1975 and the hit of the 1997 Broadway season in a production that originated at City Center's Encore! series, Chicago won six Tony Awards including Best Revival and later the Academy Award as Best Picture of the Year.
In roaring twenties Chicago, chorine Roxie Hart murders a faithless lover and convinces her hapless husband Amos to take the rap...until he finds out he's been duped and turns on Roxie. Convicted and sent to death row, Roxie and another 'Merry Murderess' Velma Kelly, vie for the spotlight and the headlines, ultimately joining forces in search of the 'American Dream': fame, fortune and acquittal. This sharp edged satire features a dazzling score that sparked immortal staging by Bob Fosse.
Time(s): May 23 & 24 at 7:00pm | May 25 at 2:00pm | Price(s): $62.50