Featured Stories: August 2012 Archives
Thursday August 30, 2012
"..the right thing to do."
Colleen & Murdock Smith
Posted by Robert Doublett
But for a family in Sydney, their grief at the loss of their daughter has been assuaged to some degree by the knowledge that her death is helping others.
16-year-old Jillian Whelan died earlier this week following a car accident early Monday near Dalem Lake.
In hospital in Halifax, her family members made the decision to donate her organs for transplant.
The CBC's Holly Conners spoke with them about that decision today.
She met Jillian's mother and father, Colleen and Murdock Smith, and her aunt Kathleen Whelan, in the Smith's backyard.
The Right Thing To Do (runs 6:17)
Categories: Blog, Featured Stories
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- Mon., 4 – My Giving Moment
- September 2013
- Wed., 4 – The Songcamp $50,000 Challenge
- August 2013
- Fri., 30 – Stronger than Steel
- July 2013
- Tue., 2 – The Art of Living
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- Thu., 28 – Jay Smith
- February 2013
- Tue., 19 – The Exit Interview
- January 2013
- December 2012
- Mon., 17 – Murder Arrests
- November 2012
- Mon., 19 – Cruel and Unusual
- October 2012
- Thu., 18 – Warm Water Deaths
- August 2012
- Thu., 30 – "..the right thing to do."
- July 2012
- June 2012
- Thu., 28 – Cape Ann III Songwriting Contest
- May 2012
- February 2012
- Tue., 21 – Oxycontin out, OxyNEO in......for some.
Sydney Weather Forecast
Chance of showers or drizzle
Chance of showers
Chance of showers
A mix of sun and cloud
|Radio One||Weekdays 4:00 - 6:00 p.m.|
|Listen Live||Cape Breton | 1140 AM / 105.1 FM|
Mainstreet Talkback Line
We'd like to know your thoughts on anything you've heard, or would like to hear, on Mainstreet.
Call our Talkback line: 1-800-309-5556
We love hearing your comments and suggestions!