After two months of challenges and community events and some serious point accumulation, we've established our semifinalists! These thirteen communities will be asked to do one final challenge: create an event that proves their community IS the Live Right Now Capital of Canada.
As outlined in the Live Right Now Capital of Canada Rules and Regulations the event should:
- be held between March 19 and April 1, 2012.
- encourage people to eat better and move more.
- encourage wide-spread community participation.
- show off your community's overall passion and enthusiasm!
The ultimate winner will be determined by a judging panel comprised of a representative from CBC-Radio Canada, the Live Right Now Advisory Board and a Live Right Now ambassador. The panel will review the following categories to come to their final decision:
1. The number of points the community accumulated during the competition phase.
2. How well the community met the final event criteria (above).
3. The community's overall enthusiasm and commitment to Living Right Now!
But we can't make a decision without evidence, right? Each semifinalist community must email us 100-500 words explaining your brilliant upcoming festivity and send us proof of the event's success.
"We are so excited to see what each semifinalist has in store!" says Live Right Now's senior producer, Lisa Fender. "Send us pictures, video, posters, newspaper clippings. We want to see how you're able to motivate each other and set a foundation for continued healthy living in your community."
Following your event, you can send us:
- up to 20 photos
- up to 5 videos
- up to 3 methods of outreach (ads, posters, articles)
- up to 3 examples of media coverage (not including CBC coverage)
- up to 10 examples of social media outreach and post-event celebration
The submissions are due by Monday, April 2nd at 4 pm ET.
Each semifinalist will be featured on the Steven and Chris special that will air on Friday, April 13th. We'll also reveal the winner on the show as well as C'est ça la vie on the same day.
Good luck, everyone! With one semifinalist from each province and territory, there's no telling what can happen in this competition. Your creativity and dedication to healthy living has been phenomenal, and we can't wait to see what happens!