As the season finale of Heartland approaches this Sunday at 7pm, we thought we'd bring back a favorite from the fall - how to get the Heartland Look...
Our debut "Inspired By..." features Heartland - and this one is for the ladies. With its floral prints, fitted yet comfortable denim, and relaxed, easygoing button-ups, the style on Heartland is pure country (with a side order of funk.) While our femme protagonist Amy Fleming (Amber Marshall) likes mixing plaid with light wash denim that has a lived-in look, her on-screen sister Lou Fleming (Michelle Morgan) dresses in a slightly more sophisticated manner, gravitating towards flirty blouses and fitted, curvaceous jeans. Mallory Wells (Jessica Amlee) plays the troublemaker we sometimes love to hate, but her style is still non-fussy and fashion forward. With this eclectic mix of styles, there's something for everyone on Heartland, and today we are bringing you a mix of high and low pieces that best emulate the overall feel of this Rockies show.
Whether you live in St. John's or Montreal, you can bring a Heartland vibe into your own wardrobe, and update your country style pieces with new trends emerging this fall. The options are endless; pair your business casual outfit with a fringe bag, mix your well-loved plaid or gingham with a trendy colour-block pant, or tuck a peasant top into high-waist trousers and keep warm with a Navajo print shawl. And if you're more of a high fashion gal, adding chic pieces such as fringed heel booties in an on-season colour or a statement designer messenger bag are just a couple ways to way to work the warm Heartland look into any wardrobe.
And remember: you don't have to ride horses to dress like a cowgirl, so even if your look is closer to urban than soft and sweet, don't be afraid to don a pair of moccasins, mix them with brightly coloured denim and an edgy bomber jacket and hit the town.
1. Tiffany horseshoe necklace, sterling silver. Tiffany.ca. $210.00
2. American Eagle skinny jeans, bright medium. $29.50.
3. 'Hackney' Belt by Alkemie, Anthropologie, $278.00.
4.Aldo Blacklog Bag in Ice, $45.00.
5. Brian Atwood 'Pembra' suede ankle boots, Saks.com. $517.88.
6. 'Misaki' necklace by Marion Vidal, Anthropologie. $298.
7. Phoenix Rising top, Anthropologie. $39.95.
8. Schuler & Sons' Natrix bootie, Anthropologie, $178.00.
9. Marc by Marc Jacobs bag, Shopbop.com. $234.00.
10. Forever 21 Belt, $7.80.
11. Old Navy Floral top, $34.94.
12. Forever 21 Plaid shirt, $23.90.
13. Old Navy denim Jacket, $29.50.
14. J. Crew 'Perfect' shirt in gingham, $86.00.
- Cora Nijhawan