DIY stencil 'n spray beach towel — stencil included!
Ah, summer! Is there anything better than days spent soaking up rays on one of Canada's breathtaking beaches or lounging poolside with an icy cold drink in hand? We'd argue, yes — doing so while decked out with some super-cute gear!
This easy, stencil DIY will trick-out your terrycloth with fun, graphic lettering -using little more than laundry bleach. Print out our "OUT OF OFFICE" stencil below, or make your own for a truly personalized accessory you'll want to carry with you from beach to beach all summer long.
Here's what you'll need:
- Stencil cut outs
- Coloured beach towel
- Spray Bottle
Here's how to do it:
- Print stencil onto cardboard paper, cut out letters and reserve any "holes" (example: O)
- Tape down stencils and cover any exposed towel around the laid out phrase to prevent any bleach getting on outside areas
- Mix half bleach and half water into spray bottle
- Spray evenly around the cut out area
- Wait 10-15 min or until desired lightness
- Rise, put through washer with detergent, and dry
- Bring to the beach!