Your new Spring go-to is this DIY Shibori denim jacket
We love the ancient Japanese technique of shibori tie dye, and while beachy-vibe tablecloths are lovely, we are so much more pumped to turn this technique on our favourite thing ever: denim. Customize your old favourite jean jacket to update it and make it your go-to all spring, for breezy summer nights, into the fall, and to layer over turtlenecks.
Here's what you'll need:
- Denim jacket
- Rubber bands
Here's how to do it:
- Wrap rubber bands around small bundles of fabric. The end result will depend on how many bands are used. Any fabric with a rubber band around it will stay blue
- Continue until the whole jacket has been wrapped with bands, or the desired amount has been used
- Mix half bleach and half water in a bucket, enough to cover the jacket
- Submerge the jacket into the bleach mix
- Check every 5 - 10 minutes and turn if necessary can you check some shibori diy posts to clarify this instruction?
- Once desired bleaching is reached, remove the jacket from the bucket and rinse well under cold water.
- Remove the rubber bands
- Wash the jacket separately from other clothes in a cold cycle, then dry flat