This DIY Halloween Fang Photo Wall is frightfully easy
This fangtastic backdrop is #ghouls.
Who says you can't be scary and stylish? Your Halloween party will be both with this 'fangtastic' photo backdrop. Not only is it super-spooky, but it's super-simple and customizable too. You can make this to a scale that suits you, and because you can make almost every part of it, it's party decor that won't break the bank. These fangs are perfect for your friends to snap a selfie in front of – and it's FUN to make. It's not every day that you get to create a giant backdrop that threatens to devour the party.
Here's what you'll need:
- Black metallic shimmer curtain to fill your backdrop wall
- Double-sided tape
- White poster board – 8 sheets to ensure your fangs are big enough
- Fang template
- Pumpkins, creepy crafts and balloons for styling
Here's how to do it:
1. Hang the fringe on, ideally, a black wall. If your walls aren't painted black, think about hanging a black sheet up as a background to your fringe.
2. Cut out 16 jagged teeth in total – 8 for the top row and 8 for the bottom. You can download the template here. Rather than blowing up and tracing the template, try free-handing your teeth while using the template as a guide. They don't have to be perfect, monsters don't get braces.
Use poster board for the teeth and fit as many teeth as you can on one board. Remember to use up your scraps!
3. Time to hang your fangs! Use double-sided tape to attach them to the wall. Start in the centre of the wall and work your way out, making sure the tops and bottoms of the fangs line up evenly.
4. Style with a few black and white pumpkins and some ghoulish balloons. Invite your friends over for a spooky Halloween party with a little bit of sparkle and a whole lot of black and white.