DIY Doughnut Pegboard and Bar
Make National Doughnut Day today, tomorrow and forever
You've seen it at parties and on Pinterest and you can definitely do this one yourself! This easy DIY project yields high impact and compliments at parties. So, let's parlay National Doughnut Day into the weekend (nay, summer?) of doughnuts! Hit up your local doughnut shop or make our truly spectacular Maple-Glazed Doughnut recipe, and debut your own doughnut bar this weekend. It's sure to be a party staple for years to come.
Here's what you'll need:
- A pegboard
- Wooden dowels
- Masking tape
- Lots of delicious doughnuts
Here's how to do it:
- Use masking tape around one end of the wooden dowels to create a stopper.
- Insert the dowel in the pegboard with the longer end sticking out the "good side".
- Repeat, placing dowels evenly throughout the pegboard. Ours are 5 holes apart from each other in each direction.
- Prop the board on the table that will be your "doughnut bar".
- Add your doughnuts to the board.
- Add more doughnuts to the table on serving plates.
- Add toppings like sprinkles and dipping sauces.
- Style the table with twinkle lights, balloons and other accessories.