host picture

  | Bookmark and Share

Remembering the NWR Hospital

1301598697.jpg photo: Labrador Heritage Museum The North West River Hospital was a real Mission hospital. Built in 1954 with help from the International Grenfell Association, it had 8 wards… including a tuberculosis wing. The hospital closed in the early 80s. After the bridge to North West River was complete, the government of the day decided patients could just as easily seek medical attention in Happy Valley-Goose Bay. Thirty years after the hospital closed… members of the community got together last night. About 50 people were atthe Labrador Interpretation Centre to tell stories and show pictures. CBC’s Bailey White was there, and she spoke to a few former employees:

Download Flash Player to view this content.

Link to Mp3: NWR HOSPITAL

  •