Medical expert on the health risks of black mould
The mould problem in the arena in Happy Valley-Goose Bay is fixed now. But some people are still worried about what they were breathing in for all those months before the mould was cleaned up. Occupational Health and Safety discovered the mould during an inspection last February. They ordered several rooms in the arena to be shut down. That didn’t happen. People continued to use the arena - and those rooms - until this summer. One mother we spoke with last week was outraged that the rooms stayed open and the public wasn’t alerted to the mould problem. Here’s part of what Pat Loder had to say. and Dr. Christine Kennedy is Medical Officer of Health for Western Health explains the health risks of Mould.
Link to Mp3: BLACK MOULD