LIVE St. John's
host picture

  | Bookmark and Share

Severe Cuts To Labrador Economic Development Boards

The Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency or ACOA is ending its funding to Economic Development Boards in Newfoundland and Labrador. What does that mean? Well, the Central Labrador Economic Development board is losing 75 per cent of its funding. The province pays the rest at 25 per cent and announced yesterday that its not able to fill in for ACOA. To explain what this means for the Upper Lake Melville area, Carol Best joins us live in our studio. She is the Executive Director of the Central Labrador Economic Development Board.

Download Flash Player to view this content.

Apple Users Play Mp3: CUTS