Canada 150 Challenge
Hey kids! We want your help! To help celebrate Canada’s 150th birthday we need you to take the BEST. CANADIAN. PHOTO. EVER!!
We need you to send us a picture that you’ve snapped of something that shows what you LOVE about Canada!
Be creative! What you love about Canada could be anything — your favourite places, the people who live here or the things you most love to do.
What kinds of things do you love about Canada? Here’s a list of ideas to get you started:
- Friends or family doing fun outdoor activities, like skiing, skating, hockey or snowboarding.
- The best view in your hometown, or even from your window at home!
- Shots of nature and landscapes: mountains, lakes, forests, city skylines, backyards, a maple tree or even a maple leaf!
- Photos of wildlife — think birds or forest animals or your own pet enjoying the Canadian wilderness!
- Pictures of your favourite Canadian food, whether it’s pancakes with maple syrup, or poutine!
- Something red or white or maybe a creative picture of the Canadian flag.
Be creative, and try to use some of the techniques you’ve learned from Snapshots — action, silhouette, focus, portraits and direction — to take the best photo you can. Happy snapping!
A judging panel comprised of a member of the Snapshots team and a CBC Kids host will choose the winning photo. The winner will receive a tablet valued at $1,000!
- This contest starts on Friday, January 20, 2017 at 9 a.m. ET and closes on Friday, March 3, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET.
- You can enter if you're a Canadian resident aged 6 to 12 as of January 20, 2017.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter — that means it's free!
- Odds of winning the contest are based on how many kids send us their snaps and how well those photos meet the criteria.
- Before you snap your pic, make sure to ask your friends and family if it's okay to take their picture for this contest. Your photo might get seen by a lot of people!
- No visible logos please!
- If you're the winner, your name, voice and photo submission might be featured on our website and may be used on the Snapshots TV show.