Awareness Campaign: December 2013 Archives
Wednesday December 4, 2013
Posted by Mitch Cormier
Angela Gillis says her son Cole spends most of his school day away from his classmates, in a small room working with his educational assistant on strategies to calm himself.
The education department calls the rooms "quiet rooms" or "seclusion rooms."
Angela says Cole should be in the regular classroom instead. He only joins his classmates for gym, music, and recess.
The Autism Society says this isn't an isolated case on P.E.I.
Kerry Campbell has more on Cole's story.
Download Flash Player to view this content.
Categories: Awareness Campaign, Education/Learning
- January 2014
- December 2013
- Wed., 4 – Seclusion Rooms in P.E.I. Schools
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- Wed., 31 – Food Insecurity on PEI
- Fri., 26 – Hepatitis C - Dr. Lamon Sweet and AIDS PEI
- Wed., 24 – Camron Abbot's Tip to Tip Fundraiser
- Tue., 23 – Retinal Detatchments - Warning Signs
- Wed., 17 – RCMP Bike Patrol - Cpl. Martin Roy
- Wed., 17 – Fresh Media Do Good - Melody Dover
- Tue., 16 – Charlottetown police start Operation Headway
- Mon., 15 – Ed Aunger's Ride the Trail campaign
- Mon., 8 – Mikinduri Rehabilitation Centre
- Fri., 5 – Baby Strokes - Dr. Askalan
- Tue., 2 – Spying on what your kids do online?
- June 2013