History: May 2012 Archives
Thursday May 31, 2012
Dianne Marshall takes Margot Brunelle back to the days of winter parties on Griffen's Pond
Diane has a new book coming out --True Stories from Nova Scotia's Past! -- a selection of some of her favourites from our regular column on Information Morning. The book is being published by Formac ... and will be available September 1st. Purchasing directly from the publisher gets you a 20% discount.
Thursday May 17, 2012
Our history columnist, Dianne Marshall, brings us another tale from old Halifax.
Thursday May 3, 2012
Dianne Marshall takes us back to the 19th century with the a tale about the killing of a police officer.
- March 2013
- Fri., 15 – The day the circus came to town
- January 2013
- Thu., 10 – William Caldwell and his spooky house
- December 2012
- Thu., 20 – A wartime Santa named Dolly
- November 2012
- Thu., 22 – The dark secrets of Morris House
- October 2012
- September 2012
- Thu., 13 – The oldest saltwater ferry in North America
- August 2012
- May 2012
- Thu., 31 – Skating into the past, in the Public Gardens
- April 2012
- Thu., 5 – A dark tale from under City Hall
- March 2012
- Thu., 8 – NSCAD turns 125!
- February 2012
- January 2012
- Thu., 26 – A look back at a heroic doctor