Salsa and summer
Click on read more for the recipe.
Simple homemade salsa
4 ripe tomatoes
4 green onions sliced thin
4 shallots small diced (or 1 small red onion)
4 cloves of garlic crushed and chopped
1 cup fresh corn (you can blanch it as well if preferred)
1 small bunch cilantro (if you do not like cilantro us parsley)
4 juice of lime
1. Mix all ingredients together and let sit for an hour to have flavors meld together. Serve with fresh bread, tortillas, on tacos or with corn chips.
This recipe can be adjusted to be spicier (add jalapeño or habanero) or you can add other flavors such as beans.
Have fun with your salsa!
Categories: Columnists, Past Episodes, What's Cooking
|Radio One||Weekdays 3 p.m. MT|
- Interactive MapCalgary traffic
- A complete view to your drive home
- InteractiveCalgary gas prices
- Where is the cheapest gas in Calgary? Let us know