This is an exciting blog post because I'm going to spring some news right off the top that will make everyone extremely happy. Read on!
I'm thrilled to report that the 6th Season of Heartland will again have eighteen (18 - count 'em!) full episodes, the same as the last 4 seasons. Now the date the premiere episode - Episode 601, the title of which is "Running Against the Wind" - will air across Canada on CBC Television has not yet been decided, so we can't officially begin our countdown yet, but knowing that once again there will be 18 episodes is a pretty good announcement for me to be able to make, dontcha think?
So as for the premiere date and --I don't know if I have ever written this before-- as soon as I know YOU will know! ;)
Back to the present day, now that we are down to 5 teams left battling for the Stanley Cup, Sundays are going to open up a little more, meaning this Sunday everyone across Canada should be able to watch the repeat airing of Episode 405 - "Where the Truth Lies." This was a really popular episode among Heartland fans, and it's the episode which won guest star Alberta Watson a Gemini Award as "Crazy" Sarah Craven, the hermit who crosses paths with more than one regular character from the series. Until the premiere of Season 6 is set we're going to have to fill our time with things to do and watching a classic episode of Heartland on Sunday evening is not a bad thing, is it?
Talking about Alberta Watson as Sarah Craven, she (both the actress and the character) is the answer to the 6th trivia question I posted on Monday. Some of you nailed them all and some of you had a little trouble with some of the questions. Good! That's how it should be!
So then, here are the answers -
1) Prior to being cast on Heartland, Amber Marshall was best known for her portrayal of Elizabeth Smart in the television movie, The Elizabeth Smart Story.
2) Michelle Morgan plays Samantha Louise Fleming on Heartland.
3) If I'd hinted that "A Beachcombers Christmas" had to do with a hockey game, that might have made it easier to guess that the two regular cast members from Heartland to appear in both were two guys who can handle themselves well on skates: Shaun Johnston and Gabriel Hogan.
4) Heartland has been licensed to air in 118 countries around the world. Don't believe any other numbers you may hear or read, 'cause this is straight from the horse's mouth! (In this case, the 'horse' is the international sales agent in charge of selling Heartland around the globe, not my horse Bloggy.)
5) It takes 15 days on set (that's 3 weeks of workdays) to shoot TWO 1-hour episodes of Heartland. If you want to take the math further, allowing that 15 minutes of each hour is used by the broadcaster for commercials and promos, that means each episode is actually 45 minutes long. 2 x 45 = 90 minutes divided by 15 days means on average there are 6 minutes of used footage shot in one day!
6) As I mentioned above: Alberta Watson played Sarah Craven.
7) This was slightly tricky, since when the pilot was filmed Jessica Amlee was not yet cast as Mallory, but scenes with her were shot when episodes 102 and 103 were filmed and inserted into the pilot.
So, regular actors to appear in both the pilot and in Season 5 - Amber Marshall (Amy), Shaun Johnston (Jack), Michelle Morgan (Lou), Graham Wardle (Ty), Nathaniel Arcand (Scott), Chris Potter (Tim) and Jessica Amlee (Mallory). That is not Soraya who is Amy's friend in the pilot, and Ashley did not appear in Season 5. So how many of you got that one?
I take it by your comments you enjoyed the first puzzle, so expect more goodies each "Time Killer Monday." Watch for something in 4 days time!
A few weeks ago I ran a photo of Amy from the pilot and from each of the 5 seasons (Amy through the Ages) and it was so popular I repeated the process in following weeks with Ty (Ty through Time) and with Mallory (The Months of Mallory). Today it's a quick look through the years with Lou (with the "Lou through Life" alliteration title courtesy of Heartland Fan Alexa P on Facebook. Nice one Alexa!) Anyway, I hope you enjoy seeing her from each of the six years that Heartland filmed its first five seasons!
Anyway, that's a lot of information for one post. I was going to answer some questions, but instead I'll answer a pile of them next week. If you have any you would like to see answered please feel free to ask away in the comments section of this page. I love reading your comments, gripes and queries!
Keep 'em coming - it keeps me busy (Not that I am not busy all the time anyway!)
Filming for the 6th season of Heartland - series episodes 86 through 103 - starts on Monday, May 14. I should have a spy there to get some juicy information for us all.
Until then, have a fun safe time. I sure intend to! Out...