So there you have it... Season Two: 18 episodes to stand beside the 13 episodes of Season One.
We truly hope you enjoyed watching Heartland as much as we enjoyed making it.
A few items that people have been asking about and that we want to make sure you are aware of. Click though!
1) The above photo was taken outside the interior set of the ranch house in Calgary. It was shot on the last day of filming in December, 2008. Most of the cast and crew are in the photo and we know if you are not familiar with the filmmaking process you might think "OMG, what a lot of people!" Every smiling face belongs to someone whose expertise and talent went a long way to making Heartland what it is. So from the producers, the directors, the writers, the cast, the crew, the production office staff, the editors and the post-production staff, the musicians, the wranglers, the people at CBC and everyone else who worked from May through February to ensure each hour of Heartland was as good as it could be - a huge THANK YOU! from all of us - for watching, for telling your friends and for being a fan.
2) We've posted this before, but we will post it again - yes indeed, there IS going to be a Season Three, airing Fall 2009. It will begin filming in Calgary in May. The writers are already coming up with storylines that will make for a great fall and winter of Sunday night viewing.
3) Season One and Season Two will be available separately on DVD later in the year. Keep watching this blog for details!
4) Heartland is now an international sensation. We have to type quickly, because the list is growing all the time, but here is an update on the confirmed international broadcasters and - where we know them - the potential air dates for Season One of Heartland.
FRANCE - broadcast on Canal+ Family, with a DVD release in May 2009
ITALY - broadcast on RAI beginning in May 2009
GERMANY began broadcasting on Passion (Pay TV) in February 2009
Also in GERMANY - VOX will start airing episodes in the Spring of 2010
AUSTRIA - broadcast on ORF, beginning in May 2009
DENMARK - to be broadcast on TV2
SWEDEN - to be broadcast on Channel 5
NORWAY - to be broadcast on SBS
FINLAND - to be broadcast on SBS in July, 2009
NETHERLANDS - to be broadcast on SBS
MACEDONIA - to be broadcast on TV Telma
AUSTRALIA - to be broadcast on the country's public broadcaster, ABC
AFRICA - to be broadcast on South African Broadcasting Corporation (SABC), which airs throughout the entire continent.
5) Later this week we will be letting you know about a new website for fans of Heartland, which will complement this site... It's gonna be great, so stand by!
6) Also, later this week, by popular demand... the uncut version of the video with Graham (Ty) and Amber (Amy) telling you to watch the season finale for Season Two. It goes a long way towards explaining why they are laughing at the end...