As promised, here's today's Monday Time Killer, part of our efforts to assist fans of Heartland through weeks and weeks of no new episodes until the season six premiere on September 23 on CBC.
We haven't had a series of trivia questions for a while now, so here's a massive pile for you to answer now. There's a mix here of easy, hard and moderate questions, so have fun! Most of these will be easier for regular readers of the blog, especially those familiar with the very first episode of Heartland.
Heartland Trivia Questions
1) On what date was the very first episode of Heartland broadcast on CBC?
2) The Heartland TV series takes place in Alberta, Canada. Where does Heartland take place in the Lauren Brooke book series of the same name?
3) Two regular characters seen in the very first episode were not in the pilot's original screenplay. Their scenes were shot during the filming of episodes of 102 and 103 and inserted into the Season One Premiere. Who are those 2 characters?
4) What breed of horse is Stormy, who plays Spartan?
5) A math and trivia question combination. - It takes 15 days to film 2 forty-five minute episodes of Heartland. That works out to how many usable minutes of footage being shot in a working day?
6) Why is the fictitious main town in Heartland named "Hudson"?
a) The executive producer's favourite movie was Hudson Hawk.
b) The town was named after Heartland's Production Coordinator, Hudson Cooley.
c) it was named in honour of the Canadian-based oldest corporation in North America, the Hudson's Bay Company.
d) The original screenplay for the pilot was set in Hudson, Quebec.
e) Like the town of Hudson, New York, it was named after the explorer Henry Hudson.
f) None of the above.
7) A vanity trivia question - what was the exact date when I stopped being the moderator of online Heartland activity and became known as The Blog Whisperer?
8) Season 1 had 13 episodes while seasons 2 through 5 had 18 each. Of the 85 episodes that comprise these first 5 seasons how many different directors has Heartland had?
9) How many generations has the Heartland ranch been in Jack's family, according to him?
a) 3. b) 4. c) 5. d) 6.
10) When we first see Ty's truck as he arrives at Heartland, what is missing that is now there in recent seasons?
a) A tailgate.
b) A passenger side rear view mirror.
c) The GMC insignia on the hood.
d) Fuzzy dice on the dashboard.
11) What was the name of Lou's boyfriend from New York?
12) Which of these horses is not mentioned by name in the series premiere?
13) At the party where Ty has his first fight, what does Amy's soon to be ex-boyfriend Jesse give her?
a) A cell phone.
b) A music CD.
c) A book on coping with loss.
d) A promise ring.
e) A horse pendant.
14) This is a tough one! What show immediately followed the series premiere of Heartland when it was first broadcast in 2007?
15) And finally a pretty easy one. (Or is it?) Series, whether they be television or film, tend to get lines repeated. In Star Trek it was "He's dead, Jim." In Star Wars it was "May the Force be with you." In Heartland Amy tends to say "Good boy" a lot.
The question? Who did Amy say "Good Boy" to the very first time we heard her say those words?
Now I'm not going to be posting any comments with answers until Thursday, because as we have done in the past, we are going to have a little fun! The first 2 people to correctly come up with all the correct answers, and one random other correct person NOT in the first 2, could once again find themselves very happy that they took the time to solve these questions! Comments/answers will not be published here until Thursday August 2, at which time I'll post both the answers and the names of those who were the fastest in.