Okay... this week I'm staying clear of the puns about Thursday. I will, however, inform you - for those who do not already know this - that Thursday is named after the Norse god of thunder, Thor (Thor's Day). What's that got to do with Heartland, you ask? Nothing!
Yep, that's what we do here on the Heartland blog - entertain, inform and educate. Now that we have the "educate" out of the way let's get you up to speed on some Heartland news items. Click on through for the scoop!
1) If you take a look at the calendar on the main page of this site you won't notice anything unusual. But if you advance the calendar to July you'll see that select episodes from Season 3 are going to be rerun on CBC Television starting Sunday July 4. Beginning with Episode 309 - Broken Arrow, the last half of the third season will run most Sundays in July, August and September, leading up to the Premiere of Season 4. So for those of you who want to watch and enjoy these episodes again, (and who wouldn't, really?) here's your chance!
2) Those of you looking for an official date for the Season Premiere of Episode 401 so we can start a serious countdown - I'll have that for you one week from today!
3) I know I was going to have a new crew member for you to ask questions to this week, but because we had a lot up on the blog I'm going to push that to next week. I guarantee you are going to want to throw questions galore at the next installment of the Heartland Q&A!
4) A couple of points prompted by some of your awesome speculations based on the recent photos:
a) To Heartland fan Cowgirl1214: Not seeing the left hands of Amber and Graham is really just a coincidence. They're not trying to hide anything, and the photo could just have easily shown their right hands hidden. So there is totally nothing to read into that. I was only kidding when I said it's because their left hands were robotic. (Or maybe that's just what they want you to think...)
b) And to Heartland fan KMA88, with one of the more creative theories I've heard in a while: Jack Bartlett is many things - a wise grandfather, a level headed rancher, an experienced family patriarch. One thing he is not, however, is a murderer. Those speculating that Jack may be intending to bury Caleb need not worry - once that hole is filled in Caleb Odell will still be above ground, and breathing! So no, we haven't become CSI:Hudson (hey... there's an idea!)
Seriously though, a lot of you are asking about certain things that may or may not happen in Season 4. Ask away, but very little is going to be given away because I want you all to be surprised when certain things occur on Heartland. I will leak a small item from time to time, however. Like this... ready? Here goes: someone who was not in Season 3 - in fact you have to go way back to when he last made an appearance - will be returning to Heartland in Season 4. Hmmmmm... Now who could that be?
5) And finally, fans in Canada who have bought or are looking to buy the Season 1 & 2 DVDs - have you been able to find them? What stores are carrying them? Let me know if you have had any difficulty in locating the series in your town.
That's about all for now. Have a great weekend, and as always I will have more exciting news and features for you next week!