Hamilton Food Share, CBC team up for food bank drive
Dec 6, 2012 9:14 AM ET
Dec 21, 2012 8:15 AM ET
Hamilton Food Share and CBC Hamilton are teaming up for a holiday food drive.
Beginning Friday Dec. 7 and running through Dec. 21, the public is invited to stop by the CBC Hamilton office at 118 James Street North and drop off a donation of canned or non-perishable food between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
Can't make it to CBC Hamilton's office with food but want to make a cash donation by phone? Until Dec. 31, call the Sounds of the Season donation hotline at 1-877-867-9288 and support your local food bank.
As a special thank you, anyone dropping off a donation can enter to win a CBC Sounds of the Season gift package. The draw will be made Dec. 21.
The Sounds of the Season prizes include:
CBC Hamilton office, 118 James Street North.
- A trip for two to Toronto to watch a live broadcast of CBC Television's flagship newscast The National first-hand in the studio.
- A limited edition autographed copy of Hockey Night in Canada: 60 Seasons signed by Glenn Healy, Kevin Weekes and PJ Stock, and a selection of CBC Sports merchandise.
- Dinner with CBC Hamilton columnist and heritage expert Paul Wilson, followed by his guided walking tour of past and present Hamilton.
- An autographed copy of Jian Ghomeshi's memoir, 1982, and two tickets to the live taping of his radio show Q.
- An autographed copy of Stuart McLean's new book, Revenge of the Vinyl Cafe.
- A Kobo Vox e-reader — great for books, magazines, movies, TV shows, music, apps, games, and browsing websites like CBC Hamilton.
- A CBC Shop weather package, with everything you need for whatever Hamilton weather throws at you. This package includes A CBC knit toque and scarf, a full-zip hoodie, an auto-folding umbrella and a 70s CBC Tee.
- A Dragons' Den prize pack, featuring books from the cast, the official Dragons' Den board game, branded merchandise and more.