Tracy Elliott (Peterborough), Liam Britten (Vancouver), Sophie Blais (Montreal) and Alyson Samson (St. John's)
are this year's Gzowski Interns. When they got together at the end of the summer to create an online
radio program, they decided to take a look at an important part of Canada's musical landscape -- Hip Hop.
Their program, entitled ''Found Hip Hop,'' takes you coast to coast to meet the people who make Canada�s hip-hop
communities happen, hear about the challenges they face and how they live their passion for music. Enjoy!
- Tracy Elliott (Trent University)
- Liam Britten (Simon Fraser University)
- Sophie Blais (McGill University)
- Alyson Samson (Memorial)
In 2013, Zankhna Mody (Peterborough), Andrea Sanchez (Vancouver), Emily Murphy (Montreal) and John Michael Bennett (Newfoundland)
were selected as Gzowski Interns. At the end of their internship they created an online radio program called Second Look.
It's a program about how we sometimes need to take a second look at the place we call home before we can truly appreciate it. Enjoy.
- Zankhna Mody (Trent University)
- Andrea Sanchez (Simon Fraser University)
- Emily Murphy (McGill University)
- John Michael Bennett (Memorial)
- Jenna Cameron (Trent University)
- Jason D'Souza (Simon Fraser University)
- Kalee Lins (McGill University)
- Julie Skinner (Memorial)
- Catherine Burgess (Memorial University)
- Dana Holtby (McGill University)
- Chris Chang-Yen Phillips (Trent University)
- Grace Pickell (Simon Fraser University)
- Andrea Blendl (Simon Fraser University)
- Claire Caldwell (McGill University)
- Chelsea Howard (Memorial University)
- Jonathan Pinto (Trent University)
- Selina Crammond (Simon Fraser University)
- Hayley LaPalme (McGill University)
- Ariel Sharratt (Trent University)
- Samatha Smith (Memorial University)
- Eva Boodman (McGill University)
- Elaine Chau (Simon Fraser University)
- Trevor Dunn (Trent University)
- John Rieti (Memorial University)
- Heiko Decosas (Simon Fraser University)
- Anshuman Iddamsetty (Memorial University)
- David Matthews (McGill University)
- Lily Mills (Trent University)
"My summer as a Peter Gzowski Intern with CBC Radio was a life changing experience. I learned a great deal about myself and about working with others. Many nuances of communication and team work, which I had previously taken for granted, suddenly became essential tools."
"I remember my first week, brimming with pride to be amongst so many smart, inspired broadcasters, and eager to get to work with my ideas. I believe that Peter would have wanted young people with lots of experiences to play a part in creating Canadian public radio."
"I have always wanted to work in radio, and it�s amazing that I had the chance to explore the medium in such a
"I started out lacking any formal radio training, but in the end, I was able to create pieces that I didn�t think I was capable of making! Without people�s generosity and
willingness to help, I wouldn�t have learned and excelled
as much as I did."
Simon Fraser University
"The Gzowski internship left me with tremendous respect for people who produce CBC radio. By the end of the summer, I knew that I wanted to keep telling stories creatively through sound, voice and music."
Simon Fraser University