Citizen Talin's Consumer Advice: August 2012 Archives
Sunday August 19, 2012
It's become a popular way to come up with some quick cash. But selling your gold jewellery or coins may not be for the faint-of-heart. Citizen Talin visited some of Toronto's "cash for gold" outlets and told Mary Ito what she experienced.
Listen (runs 10:39)
You can contact Talin with your consumer questions or concerns by e-mailing her at Citizen Talin .
Categories: Citizen Talin's Consumer Advice, Columnists
- January 2013
- Tue., 8 – Citizen Talin's 2013 Advisory
- November 2012
- September 2012
- Sun., 30 – Brush Your Teeth!!!!
- August 2012
- Sun., 19 – Selling Gold
- July 2012
- Sun., 15 – Before you leave on vacation...
- May 2012
- Sun., 20 – Ordering Wine 101
- April 2012
- Sun., 22 – Auction etiquette
- March 2012
- Sun., 25 – Deal Of The Day
- February 2012
- Sat., 18 – Finding a contractor
- January 2012
- Sun., 22 – At The Movies
- December 2011
- Sat., 10 – Gift Cards 101
- November 2011
- Sat., 19 – Extended Warranties
- October 2011
- Sun., 30 – See You In Court...
- September 2011
- Sat., 24 – How To Complain
- August 2011
- Sat., 20 – Charitable Donations
- July 2011
- Sun., 24 – Airline Ticket Prices
- June 2011
About Citizen Talin
Citizen Talin is Talin Vartanian, a CBC radio producer and long-time consumer advocate who believes Canadians are much too nice when it comes to claiming their rights in the marketplace.
She has worked on various radio programs, including Morningside, This Morning and As It Happens and is currently a producer at The Sunday Edition.
Talin is also the creative founder behind Canada Reads and was its lead producer for its first six seasons.
PLEASE NOTE: Talin is on sabbatical from CBC Radio for the duration of 2013. She'll return to her Citizen Talin duties at Fresh Air in January, 2014.
|Radio One||Weekends 6:00 - 9:00 a.m.(ET)|
- Sounds of the Season 2012
- View the slideshow from our event in support of local food banks.
Frequencies Across Ontario
|Thunder Bay||88.3 FM|