By: Ronna Syed Twitter: @Ronna_Syed
At 7:11 p.m. on November 28, 2012 a 911 call goes out to the police by a concerned passerby. A 26 year old woman is standing barefoot on the street in temperatures hovering just above zero degree.
Her name is Emma Fillipoff, a chef originally from the Ottawa area.
The police arrive and talk to the petite, attractive woman for 30 minutes to make sure she is fine. Then they leave her at the side of the road and drive off.
She is never seen again.
the fifth estate is asking you, the public, to help us with our search for Emma Fillipoff.
Look carefully at the photos of Emma far below and the description of the clothes she was wearing the day she disappeared--- camouflage pants, a toque (hat) and layered tops. She was carrying a jacket, an orange purse, a bag, a box and her shoes.
How you can help
- 1.Retrace Emma’s possible route out of Victoria night she disappeared: On December 5, 2012, the pre-paid credit card Emma purchased the day she disappeared is found on the side of the road near the Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre, located at 1767 Old Island Hwy in suburb of Langford (click on address to go to map). If Emma dropped the card herself, there are only three means by which Emma could have gone there : by foot, by bus or by car. Retrace these routes, time it, record your journey on your smart phone and share with the rest of the group.
- 2. Download and print poster and distribute to your local shelter: Emma was known to stay at shelters, find a shelter in your area and distribute Emma’s missing poster there.
- Current age: 28 (DOB: January 6, 1986)
- Height: 5'5
- Weight: 50 kgs
- Eyes: Brown
- Hair: brown and long (past waist). She often wore it braided in pigtails or up in a bun. She likes to wear knitted hats.
- Piercings: right ear has 3 or 4
Emma disappeared from Victoria, B.C. but could be anywhere in the country.
If you know anything about Emma Fillipoff’s disappearance but don’t wish to be identified publicly, we will not name or identify you in any way.
The Fillipoff family is offering a $25,000 reward for any information leading to Emma’s whereabouts.
the fifth estate documentary about Emma
The results of our search for Emma Fillipoff will be broadcast in a one-hour documentary called ‘Finding Emma’ on CBC at 9:00 p.m. on Friday November 7th, 2014.
More Photos of Emma
Do you have a family member/friend with a story similar to Emma's? An adult who has gone missing? Share your story here.