Mar 21, 2013
What family doesn't love tacos, and what mom doesn't love a good slow cooker recipe? This recipe is the best of both, and as a bonus, calls for less expensive chicken thighs that can withstand hours of slow cooking without losing their texture.
- 1 can Green chiles,, diced
- 1 jar salsa, (about 12 ounces; mild or spicy to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Ground cumin
- 1 whole onion, chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Place chicken in the bowl of a slow cooker. Top with salsa, diced green chiles, cumin, onion and garlic. Cover and set on low. Cook for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from pot, shred, and return to juices.
- Spoon chicken into taco shells, with whatever toppings your family likes. Or use the meat to make burritos, tostadas or as a filling for enchiladas.