Mar 7, 2013
This St. Patrick's Day, give the luck of the Irish with cute, It's a Small World-themed shrink charm jewelry complete with clovers and celtic knots!
- printed charms
- white or clear shrink paper for inkjet printers (you can purchase this at art/craft supply stores or online)
- hole punch
- jewelry accessories
Disney Family.com's printable crafts are specially designed with muted colors to conserve your printer's color ink.
- Print the charms on shrink paper and cut them out.
- To use your charm as a bracelet or necklace pendant, you need to punch the hole where indicated before you bake it. You can also cut off the white border if you wish for the charm to be completely in color.
- Follow the baking instructions on the shrink paper package to bake the charms in a toaster oven or conventional oven. Watch the shrink plastic dance and curl! Do not allow children to use the oven.
- If the charm is still slightly curled when it is finished baking, use a piece of cardboard or a spatula to flatten it completely.
- Apply a couple coats of clear nail polish to seal the ink on the charm and make it water-resistant. Let the nail polish dry.
- Add the charms to whatever you'd like! You can use jump rings and jewelry chain to create a charm bracelet or necklace, or attach them to a cell phone charm strap or zipper pulls. You can also glue charms to barrettes and hair pins.