Oct 24, 2012
Much as he wanted it to be, Christmas did not turn out to be Jack Skellington's forté. Still, with a bow tie that resembles a bat and a pet dog whose nose looks like a glowing Jack-o'-lantern, Jack remains king of Halloween. After all, who else do you know that can remove his own head and put it back on again none the worse for wear? Inspired by this remarkable trick, these cupcakes make a sweet, if nightmarish, Halloween treat.
- Batch of chocolate cupcakes
- White buttercream frosting
- 2 toothpicks
- Tube of black decorator's icing
- Frost the cupcakes.
- For each cupcake, use the tip of a toothpick to lightly etch the outline of two large Jack Skellington eyes in the frosting.
- Slowly pipe black decorator's icing onto the etched lines and then fill in the inner circles. Use another toothpick to spread and smooth the icing.
- Pipe on two short lines for a nose. Next, pipe a long line across the bottom of the cupcake for the mouth. For the finishing spooky touch, randomly top the mouth with a bunch of short icing barbs.