Sep 11, 2012
Using colorful printed fabrics, kids can cover a plain canvas tote bag with a striking Mickey Mouse mosaic. The best part is there's no sewing involved. The shapes are fixed in place with fabric glue.
1. Print the template and cut out the size Mickey head that you want to use to decorate the tote.
2. Use the cutout as a pattern for cutting out as many Mickey heads as you need to cover the tote bag. For example, your child might choose to arrange the heads in rows, or she might prefer to attach them randomly. You can save time by stacking squares of fabric and cutting out two or three heads at once.
3. Cover your work surface with wax paper.
4. Working with one Mickey head at a time, flip the fabric over so the wrong side is facing up and brush on an even coat of fabric glue. Then press the fabric head onto the tote bag, smoothing the surface with your fingertips to make sure it adheres firmly and evenly.
5. Continue attaching fabric Mickey heads to the tote in this manner to complete the design.
6. Allow the glue to dry and then set it according to the manufacturer's directions.