Aug 2, 2012
Grilling fruit brings out the natural juices and caramelizes them ever so slightly. The best fruits are ones with firm flesh such as stone fruits or pineapple. Stay away from melons as they tend to soften too much. Served with a cool dip, it's a great ending for a summer meal.
Hands-On Time: 20 minutes
Ready In: 30 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 pounds assorted fruit (strawberries, pineapple, mango and kiwi in photo)
- 8 metal or bamboo skewers
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
- Heat grill to medium-high and make sure grate is clean.
- Thread chunks of washed, peeled or seeded fruit onto skewers. If using bamboo skewers, soak in water for 10 minutes to minimize chances of burning.
- Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, turning carefully so fruit does not fall off of skewers.
- Remove from heat and serve with dip.
- For dip: Combine yogurt, honey and lime zest and stir until well blended. Keep chilled until serving time.