Jul 13, 2012
This yummy salmon and rice salad is a healthy meal all in one dish -- and it's one of my favorite salads.
- 10 ounces salmon fillet
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cup long grain rice
- 1 1/2 cup frozen garden peas
- 1 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeds removed, and diced
- 1 small bunch scallions, finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons dill, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon runny honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Put the salmon fillet onto a piece of foil on a baking sheet with the 2 tablespoons of butter. Seal the foil to look like a parcel, then cook in the oven for 15 minutes until cooked through. (Alternatively, you could cut the salmon into chunks, put it into a saucepan and poach in fish stock over a medium to low heat for about 7 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.)
- Cook the rice in boiling salted water, and add the peas 4 minutes before the end of the cooking time. Drain and refresh in cold water.
- Measure the remaining ingredients into a large bowl. Add the cooked rice and peas, then flake in the cold salmon and any juices from the foil. Season well, then cover and chill for half an hour before serving.